I am a second year PhD student working on the applications of rough path signatures to deep learning. My supervisors are Professor Terry Lyons (Oxford), Dr Anastasia Papavasiliou (Warwick) and Dr Hao Ni (UCL). I am a Turing PhD Student, based at the Alan Turing Institute in the British Library, London.
Currently I work on online Arabic handwritten character recognition. The future of my work may take one (or a few) of the following distinct paths;
- Online Arabic handwritten phrase recognition
- Offline Arabic handwriting recognition
- Signature based GANs - using GANs and the Signature to generate Arabic Handwriting
- Applying Signature based deep learning tools to different forms of data; economic, health etc.
Conferences, Workshops & Talks
- ICFHR2018: 16th International Conference on Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition. August 5-8, 2018. Niagara Falls Conference & Event Center, Niagara, NY, United States of America. (competition organiser) [link]
- ASAR2018: 2nd IEEE International Workshop on Arabic and derived Script Analysis and Recognition. March 12-14, 2018. The Alan Turing Institute, London, UK. (organisation chair, paper submitted) [link]
- KAUST Research Workshop on Optimization and Big Data. February 5-7, 2018. King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Thuwal, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. (poster) - recieved grant to cover registration, accomodationl, travel and related expenses from KAUST Office of Sponsored Research
- 8th ERC Oxford-Berlin Young Researchers Meeting on Applied Stochastic Analysis. December 14-16, 2017. Mathematics Institute, The University of Oxford, Oxford, England. (talk) [link]
- Jump Trading Statistics and Machine Learning Reading Group - invited to talk about personal research and potential applications to finance. December 12, 2017. Jump Trading, London, England. (talk)
- ICDAR2017: 14th IAPR International Conference on Document Analysis and Recognition. November 9-15, 2017. Kyoto Terrsa, Kyoto, Japan. (poster, talk, doctoral consortium) [link] - recieved grant to cover registration and accomodation costs from Warwick Statistics Department
- Warwick Statistics Young Researchers' Meeting. October 10, 2017. Warwick Statistics Department, Warwick University, Coventry, UK. (talk)
- Oxford Stochastic Analysis Seminar. October 9, 2017. Mathematics Institute, The University of Oxford, Oxford, England. (talk) [link]
- 7th ERC Oxford-Berlin Young Researchers Meeting on Applied Stochastic Analysis. May 18-20, 2017. WIAS, Berlin, Germany. [link]
- 53rd Gregynog Statistical Conference. April 21-23, 2017. Gregynog Hall, Tregynon, Wales. (poster) [link]
- RSC2017: 40th Research Students' Conference in Probability and Statistics. April 18-21, 2017. Department of Mathematical Sciences, University of Durham, Durham, England. (poster) [link]
- ASAR2017: 1st International Workshop on Arabic Script Analysis and Recognition. April 3-5, 2017. LORIA, Nancy, France. [link]
- 6th ERC Oxford-Berlin Young Researchers Meeting on Applied Stochastic Analysis. December 8-10, 2016. Mathematics Institute, The University of Oxford, Oxford, England.
- D. Wilson-Nunn; A. Chaaban; A. Sezgin; M. S. Alouini, "Antenna Selection for Full-Duplex MIMO Two-Way Communication Systems", in IEEE Communications Letters, vol. 21, no. 6, June 2017. link
- S. A. Alattas; T. Smith; M. Bhatti; D. Wilson-Nunn; S. Donell, "Greater pre-operative anxiety, pain and poorer function predict a worse outcome of a total knee arthroplasty", in Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy (currently online only). link
- D. Wilson-Nunn; H. Zenil, "On the Complexity and Behaviour of Cryptocurrencies Compared to Other Markets", on arXiv. link
dwilson-nunn [at] turing [dot] ac [dot] uk