CBNP is an annual two-day symposium for postgraduate students, PDRAs and young academics but also open to any academic/industrialist working in any areas of natural product chemistry and biology.
**************** Updates for CBNP12 ****************
8th January 2018: Registration open - Submission of poster & oral presentations.
30th November 2017: Date and venue for CBNP12 relased!
Thursday 28th and Friday 29th June 2018
University of Warwick, Zeeman Building, MS0.01
Please join us for our twelfth annual meeting exploring the chemistry and biology of natural products covering subjects from synthetic chemistry to microbial genetics.
This meeting is sponsored by NPRONET (Natural Products Discovery and Bioengineering Network) and BIOCATNET (Network in biocatalyst discovery, development and scale up), two BBSRC NIBBs, and registration is FREE for all participants. Two lunches, a wine reception/dinner and prizes for the best talks and posters are all included.
Thanks to our sponsors we will be able to offer free on campus accommodation for those who are travelling to Warwick. Note that attendees will have to cover the costs for their travel.
The 2018 CBNP12 event programme will be published on this page in due course.
For enquires please contact:
Matthew Jenner (m dot jenner at warwick dot ac dot uk) or Fabrizio Alberti (f dot alberti at warwick dot ac dot uk).
Instructions for Registration
Registration to the CBNP12 is officially open from Monday 8th January 2018.
- Please first join the NPRONET and/or the BIOCATNET networks (both free of charge) by following the two links on the right hand side of this page. For the box "Expected Contribution to NPRONET/BIOCATNET" you can indicate "attending NPRONET/BIOCATNET events".
- Submit your Registration Form to the Symposium by following the link on the right hand side of this page.
If you would like to give a talk please register online by Friday 4th May 2018.
If you would like to present a poster please register online and submit your poster title by Friday 15th June 2018.
General Registration Deadline: Friday 15th June 2018.
Please submit poster titles by Friday 15th June 2018.
- Posters presented should be in portrait orientation and size A0.
- The symposium will be held in the Mathematics department (Zeeman building), which is based on the University of Warwick's main campus, close to Coventry. You can download a pdf of the campus map here.
- View directions for visiting the University of Warwick for further arrival information.
- Parking on campus is limited though there are good links from Coventry station. Taxis are available to and from the University.
- On Campus accommodation will be offered free of charge to attendees who are members of either of the two networks that are sponsoring the event. Accommodation is limited, and will be offered on a first come, first served basis. Please express your interest in having a room booked for you when filling in your registration form. The rooms will be provided at our Arden site: https://bandb.warwick.ac.uk/
- In case you would like to book your own accommodation, local alternatives approximately 10/15 min drive away can be found here http://www.visitcoventryandwarwickshire.co.uk/stay/
- There are excellent regular public transport links between the town of Kenilworth and Coventry
Coventry: Premier Inn Coventry City Centre
If you've reserved on campus accommodation, then you'll be able to park at your accommodation site, free of charge.
If you are not booking on campus accommodation, then you can reserve your parking space through us. To do so, please contact Fabrizio Alberti (f dot alberti at warwick dot ac dot uk) saying you would like to reserve a parking space for the duration of the event, including in your email the following details:
- Date and approximate time of arrival, date and approximate time of departure
- Car make and model
- Registration number
On your arrival you will be able to find a reserved space with your name at either of the top two floors of car park 7. Despite being able to reserve a space for you, you will still need to to pay and display a ticket for the whole duration of your stay. More information, including campus map and fares for the car park for visitors can be found here: Parking on Campus.