- To understand the fundamental concepts that underpin non-prescriptive approaches to achieving sustainable excellence in an engineering enterprise.
- Introduction to Engineering Enterprise Management.
- Fundamental concepts of excellence related to organizations.
- System of profound knowledge.
- Key principles and practices of organizational learning.
- Measurement of results.
- Comparisons of various excellence models.
- Understanding how non-prescriptive management models help organizations to measure and improve their progress on the path to sustainable excellence.
- Understanding the concepts that underpin sustainable excellence.
- Recognising the need for and benefits of self-assessed approaches to excellence.
- Understanding the relationships between enabling activities and organizational results.
- Understanding and critical analysis of the operational aspects of various excellence models.
- Critical analysis of the results of self-assessment.
- Relating organizational practices to the extent of application of the system of profound knowledge.
- Planning and conducting organizational self-assessment.