- To understand how leaders develop, facilitate and manage the achievement of the mission and vision via a clear stakeholder focused strategy, supported by relevant policies, objectives, targets and plans implemented through appropriate actions and behaviours that conform to developed values required for long term success, thereby ensuring that the organization’s management system is developed and implemented.
- Defining leadership.
- Theories of leadership from management and psychological perspectives.
- Strategic direction setting.
- Development of vision, mission and values for an organization and their links to strategy.
- Policy deployment.
- Management ethics and corporate social responsibility.
- Performance management.
- Recognising the need for effective leadership at all levels in the organization and critical analysis of various approaches to leadership.
- Understanding how leaders develop the vision, mission and values, ensuring that the organization’s management system is developed, implemented and continuously improved.
- Understanding the need for leaders’ involvement with customers, partners and representatives of society.
- Understanding how leaders motivate, support and recognise the organization’s people.
- Understanding how policy and strategy are based on the present and future needs and expectations of stakeholders.
- Understanding how policy and strategy are developed, reviewed and updated.
- Understanding how policy and strategy are deployed through a framework of key processes and are communicated and implemented.
- Critical analysis of various approaches to policy deployment.
- Relating leadership practices to the extent of application of an excellence model.
- Planning and conducting policy deployment.
- Planning and managing activities to achieve objectives.