- To enable participants to understand how organisations plan and manage resources and assets, to support a business’s policy and strategy and to ensure the effective operation of its processes. In particular, it focuses on the use of quantitative and qualititive data, together with creative problem solving, to maximise engineering asset and resource potential.
- Concepts of resource and asset management.
- Overview of knowledge management in engineering asset management context.
- Engineering asset management methodologies.
- Maintenance strategies.
- Life cycle costing.
- Data collection and analysis techniques.
- Qualitative (soft) knowledge and creative problem solving.
- Application of knowledge to logistics improvement.
- Environmental legislation and its impact on asset management, including waste and recycling.
- Understanding the concepts of engineering asset management and its benefits.
- Understanding the concepts of knowledge management and its impact on asset management.
- Understanding of and the ability to apply data analysis techniques and methods to identify and analyse opportunities to improve asset management.
- Understanding of and the ability to apply methods of creative problem solving to improve asset management.
- Understanding the benefits of waste minimisation and recycling to asset management.
- Understanding the benefits of supply chain and logistic optimisation to asset management.
- Critical analysis of resource and asset management contexts.
- Critical analysis of the benefits, uncertainties and implications of the application of resource and asset management.
- Identifying suitable asset management objectives and methods.
- Planning and managing activity to achieve excellence in resource and asset management.
- Applying a structured approach to engineering asset management.