- (2018) 'The International Festival of Teacher-research in ELT'. (Interview by Deborah Bullock). ELT Research 33: 32–36.
- (2018) 'One-on-one: Interview with Richard Smith' (interviewer: A. P'Rayan). The Journal of English Language Teaching (India). 60/1: 8–16.
- (2018) 'Research by teachers for teachers: Richard Smith on teacher research' (Interviewer: D. Xerri). English Teachers Association Switzerland (ETAS) Journal. 35/2.
- (2015) 'TEFL interviews 11: Richard Smith on ELT history'. The TEFLology Podcast: a podcast about language teaching and applied linguistics.
- (2015). ‘Teaching English in difficult circumstances: A conversation with Dr Richard Smith’ [with L. Prasad Ohja]. NELTA Forum July (special issue on ‘Teaching English in difficult circumstances’).
- (2014) 'TEC14 interview with Richard Smith' (on innovation in teacher education) [Interviewer: Paul Braddock]. British Council India.
- (2013) 'An interview with Richard Smith' (on learner development) [Interviewer: Darren Elliott]. https://darrenrelliott.wordpress.com/lives-of-teachers
- (2013) . ‘Exploring teacher-learning: Interview with Richard Smith, Learner Development SIG co-founder’ [with A. Barfield]. Learning Learning 20/2: 44-49.
- (2018) ‘Ideas and strategies for low-resource classrooms’ (invited British Council webinar with Amol Padwad and Deb Bullock), October 2018.
- (2018) ‘An introduction to Exploratory Action Research’: invited webinar for UNRWA teachers in Gaza at the invitation of the Hands Up Project. Part 1: https://youtu.be/57Z2P08pTvo. Part II: https://youtu.be/TpHL5ui0luo, September 2018.
- (2016) ‘Learning from the past: researching ELT history’: invited IATEFL Research SIG webinar, January 2016.
- (2014) 'Teacher-research as CPD, in practice’ (invited British Council webinar with Paula Rebolledo). British Council, November 2014.