Quality attracts quality
The University of Warwick has one of the best Departments of Economics in Europe, and is at the forefront of research developments in the discipline.
- Economics at Warwick is ranked 3rd in the Good University Guide 2019, published by the Times and Sunday Times in September 2018. Our overall score was 99.3% with only Oxford and Cambridge achieving higher scores (99.5% and 100% respectively). We are particularly pleased with the high score of 92.8% for graduate prospects.
- The Department of Economics at Warwick was ranked third in the UK in The Complete University Guide 2019, published in April 2018.
- We are currently ranked in the top 30 in the QS World University Rankings published in March 2018.
- Our graduates are extremely successful; 95% of our undergraduate students who graduated in 2016 (DLHE 2018) were in employment or further study six months after graduation and Warwick graduates are the third most often targeted by the largest number of top employers in 2017-2018 (High Fliers Research 2018).
- The Economist has placed Warwick Economics as third in their rankings on value added as measured by graduate earnings five years after graduation (published in August 2017).
In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) results the Department ranked 4th, affirming the high calibre of research in the Department.
- 26 Warwick Economics students have been accepted at the Carroll Round since 2007. We were also awarded Outstanding Participant and Paper in 2015, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
On top of an advanced education in Economics, at Warwick we offer many extra-curricular activities to enrich your student experience, including guest lectures, mentor schemes, student conferences and social events.