Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Key contacts

Who to contact for information and support

There are various sources of student support and guidance available to you within the Department and the University.

As an Undergraduate Economics student, the one that you might find most easily accessible is the pastoral care system within the Department.

Undergraduate Office

Your first point of call for most initial enquiries is the Undergraduate Office which is headed by the UG Programme Manager Jo Turrall. Support will be offered using MS Teams for drop-in sessions and bookable appointments, as well as face to face drop-in sessions in the office and enquires through email. The UG Office have overall responsibility of:

  • Co-ordinating undergraduate courses and modules

  • Administrative and clerical support for undergraduate courses and modules, including handling student materials such as handbooks and coursework

  • Operation of the Personal Tutor System

  • Timetabling of classes and room allocation

  • Wellbeing support offered by Ann Simper, Student Wellbeing and Progression Officer

Get in touch

Staff in the Undergraduate Office may be contacted on:

T: +44 (0) 24 765 23933
E: economics dot ugoffice at warwick dot ac dot uk


Follow our social media sites to keep up to date with the Departmental news and events.

Your Personal Tutor

Each student is allocated a Personal Tutor (PT), who is the member of academic staff to whom the you can turn for advice regarding academic matters. New students can find out who has been assigned as their personal tutor on Tabula.

Your personal tutor can also signpost you to more appropriate sources of personal support and guidance within the University.

The Director of Student Opportunties

Dr Subhasish Dey is responsible for the relationships with departmental partnership institutions, working alongside colleagues in the University’s Student Mobility team to ensure that partnerships continue to flourish.

The Director of Undergraduate Studies

Professor Elizabeth Jones is responsible for overall implementation of the Department’s academic policies in relation to undergraduate teaching. Professor Jones is also responsible for making decisions or recommendations in cases involving individual undergraduate students.

The Economics Senior Tutor

Dr Amira Elasra is responsible for the personal tutor system and works with the Year tutors in the department.

Student Support Services (University Wide)

Student Support acts as a hub for all the different support services available on campus. The Student Support team often see students who have a problem or difficulty, but aren’t quite sure where to turn to for help in the first instance.

They offer help and guidance, and if appropriate, signpost students to more specialist services within the University or externally.