Theatre Trip to Stratford-upon-AvonWednesday 22 May 2019
In response to student feedback, we are delighted to invite our MSc students to a Royal Shakespeare Theatre trip to see 'As You Like It'.
Date: Friday 7 June 2019
|Pick-up from Car Park 2, near Bluebell|
Departure towards the Theatre
'As You Like It' play, Royal Shakespeare Theatre
|Coach back to the University|
|Arrival back at the University|
About the Play - 'As You Like It’
Rosalind is banished and with her best friend, Celia by her side, she journeys to a world of exile. But not before catching the eye of love-struck Orlando who is also forced from The Court into the Forest...
What ensues is a riotous combination of a feisty cross-dressing heroine, a tartan-clad fool, melodic songs, questionable poetry and laughs aplenty. Will love conquer all, or is it merely a madness? Kimberley Sykes (Dido, Queen of Carthage, 2017) directs this playful and passionate version of Shakespeare's much-loved romantic comedy.
The Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC)
The RSC is a major British theatre company, based in Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire. The company employs over 1000 staff and produces around 20 productions a year from its home in Stratford-upon-Avon and plays regularly in London, Newcastle upon Tyne and on tour across the UK and internationally.
- Take your seat no less than 5 minutes before starting time.
- Consider those around you.
- Audio or visual recording equipment is strictly forbidden.
- Keep your mobile equipment (e.g. phones, iPads or digital watches) turned off at all times in the auditorium.
- Do not take drinks in glasses into the auditorium. Plastic cups are available for any cold drinks and may be taken in.
- Please refrain from talking during the performance.
Book your Ticket
We have 50 tickets available and they will be allocated on first come first served basis.
1. Book your tickets via the booking form below. The form is open now until all tickets are sold out.
2. You will be able to collect your tickets from Tuesday, 28 May until Thursday, 6 June from the Economics Executive Office - Gill Gudger or Sharon Yarrow in Room S1.130, Monday - Friday, 10.00am-3.00pm. Please note that you will be required to pay a £10 refundable deposit before collecting your tickets. If you have a query, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Your refundable deposit will be available for collection from Monday, 10 June from the Economics Executive Office. Please note that if you book but do not attend, you will not be able to claim the deposit back.