Coronavirus AdviceTuesday 17 Mar 2020
As the health and wellbeing of our students and colleagues remains our top priority, we continue to review all of our work at Warwick in relation to Covid 19. We wish to make current and prospective students aware of the following key advice and decisions we have made in addition to Public Health England (PHE) and Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advice as we ready ourselves for more significant impact.
University Advice for Current Students
- The University will remain open
- There will be no face to face teaching, assessments or exams for the rest of the year
- Students who cannot go home will be able to use campus accommodation if required
- The Library and study spaces remain open for the time being
- Student support and advice to students via Wellbeing Support ServicesLink opens in a new window
- Find out more about the University’s mitigating circumstances procedure
- Keep an eye on MyWarwick and the MyWarwick app for updates
Please continue to pay close attention to further updates that we will send to you by email, supported by the University regularly updated FAQs online.
Departmental Advice for Economics Students
Term 3 will commence on Monday 20 April 2020.
The Department is in the process of exploring options for online learning, teaching, assessment (including examinations) and academic and pastoral support from the rest of this academic year and will be advising you of arrangements as soon as we are able to do so and so would advise you to keep monitoring this webpage.
In the meantime, you should continue your usual preparation for your learning in all of your modules ahead of the examination period.
Other sources of information and support available to you are listed below:
- Pastoral and Wellbeing Support
- Mitigation and Covid-19
- All staff will continue with their Advice and Feedback hours through Term 3, although we are looking at how we can arrange this online and further details will follow.
- Your Modules
- Year 1
- Year 2
- Year 3
In this period, please do take care of yourselves, your families and your communities. Please ensure you continue to follow your national and local guidance in relation to the Covid-19 virus.
Advice for Prospective Students
We would like to re-assure you that we will be open for business as usual and that we are working hard to provide an excellent programme of study for all new students hoping to study with us in 2020/21.
The University of Warwick are monitoring the situation closely and will update their FAQs as more information becomes available. Our advice is that you check back with us regularly for the University’s latest advice and guidance.
Further Information, Support and Reporting
Contact Wellbeing Support Services or Employee Assistance Programme
Call our 24/7 helpline on +44(0)24 765 23111
About our helpline: Please note, the University of Warwick cannot provide medical advice. The University helpline is for reporting positive cases of confirmed coronavirus and for people on campus who need help and assistance relating to coronavirus. You can also see Warwick's data protection statement to see how we handle and process information gathered from the helpline.