Careers in Economics 2018
Careers in Economics 2018Thursday 1 Nov 2018
Come and network with a range of employers and management consultancies and take part in careers and skills sessions to enhance your employability.
This event is for both undergraduate and postgraduate students studying Economics or PPE.
Thursday 8 November 2018, 11:00 - 4:00pm
Panorama, Rootes Building
You will have an opportunity to meet and discuss your career options with representatives from a wide range of employers, including CMA, PA Consulting, Oxera, Ofcom, Vivid Economics, Nera Economic Consulting, Frontier Economics, Institute for Fiscal Studies, Compass Lexecon, Civil Service Fast Stream, Fideres and FTI Consulting.
The event is divided into two important parts which you can benefit from in different ways:
- Networking Session which will be held in Panorama 1 and 2 between 11:00 – 16:00 and will allow you to network and socialise with multiple employers. They are available to give you valuable insights, advice and answer any careers related questions you may have.
- Employer Presentations which will be held in Panorama 3 and will have six unique employers delivering presentations with various economics related topics. After each presentations, there will be 10 minutes of Q&A with that employer who will clarify every questions and uncertainties you might have. These will be spread across the entire duration of the event in the following order:
- 11:30 - 12:05 Insights, Culture, Case Studies, Frontier Economics
- 12:15 - 12:50 The Economic Impact of Healthy New Towns for NHSE and the Skills Required to Undertake the Work, PA Consulting
- 13:00 - 13:35 Life as an Economic Consultant - What to Expect, NERA Economic Consulting
- 13:45 - 14:20 Working as an Economist for a Regulator, Ofcom
- 13:45 - 14:20 A Career in Economics Consultancy. What Difference Will You Make? Oxera Consulting
- 15:15 - 15:50 Life at the CMA: Using Economics to Drive Good Competition Policy. Competition and Markets Authority (CMA)
Registration is compulsory and you'll need to sign up via Tabula. Further information is available below. Your student ID card will be scanned upon entry.