Telephone: +44 (0)24 765 23070
Fax: +44 (0)24 765 23032
Email: Michela dot Redoano at warwick dot ac dot uk
Advice and feedback hours: Mondays 11-12 am and Tuesdays 11-12 pm (Term 3)
Outside term time email me for an appointment.
Associate Professor of Economics
Michela is an Associate Professor of Economics at the University of Warwick, a Research Fellow at the Centre for Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE) at University of Warwick and also an Associate at CES-Ifo (Munich). Michela holds a PhD and a MSc in Economics from the University of Warwick and a BSc in Economics from the University of Genoa.
- Public Economics
- Political Economy
- Behavioural Economics
EC320. The Economics of Public Policy (Term 1 )
EC331. Research in Applied Economics (tutor) (Terms 1 & 2) (notes, bookings, etc)
Selected Publications and Papers Under Review
- Was Brexit caused by the Unhappy and the Old? (2017) (joint with Federica Liberini, Andrew Oswald and Eugenio Proto), CAGE wp, R & R Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization . (See the VOXEU version here)
- Political Competition, Tax Salience and Accountability. Theory and some evidence from Italy. (2017) (joint with Emanuele Bracco and Francesco Porcelli), CAGE wp, R & R European of Journal Political Economy.
- Happy Voters, (2017) (joint with Federica Liberini and Eugenio Proto), Journal of Public Economics, Vol 146, pp, 41–57, available here. (See the VOXEU version here)
- Intergovernamental grants as signal and the alignment effect: theory and evidence. (2015) (joint with Emanuele Bracco, Ben Lockwood, Francesco Porcelli), Journal of Public Economics, vol 123, pp. 78-91, available here. (See the EUROPP Blog on an earlier version of paper here)
- Tax Competition among European Countries. Does the EU Matter? (2014), European Journal of Political Economy, 34, 353–371, available here.
- Does Centralisation Affect the Number and Size of Lobbies? (2010), Journal of Public Economic Theory, Volume 12(3), 407-435, available here.
- Do Countries Compete over Corporate Tax Rates ? (with Mike Devereux and Ben Lockwood), (2008), Journal of Public Economics,Volume 92(5), 1210-1235, available here.
- Horizontal and vertical Tax Competition: Theory and Some Evidence from the USA (with Mike Devereux and Ben Lockwood), (2007), Journal of Public Economics, Volume 91, Issue 3-4, 451-479, available here.
- The Political Economy of Policy Centralisation: Direct versus Representative Democracy (with Kim Scharf), (2004), Journal of Public Economics, 88, 799-817, available here.
Working papers and work in progress
- Politics in the Facebook Era. Evidence from the 2016 US Presidential Elections. (with Federica Liberini, Antonio Russo, Angel Cuevas and Ruben Cuevas)
- Happiness and Productivity in the Field. (with Daniel Sgroi and Eugenio Proto).
- Social Capital, Electoral Behaviour and Government’s Performance, (2016) (joint with Emanuele Bracco and Francesco Porcelli)
- Electoral Performance Spillovers: Theory and Evidence, (2015) (joint with Emanuele Bracco and Francesco Porcelli)
- The CSGR Globalisation Index: an Introductory Guide, (with Ben Lockwood) (2004) Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation Working Paper 155/04.
- Capital Account Liberalization and Corporate Taxes, (with Mike Devereux and Ben Lockwood), (2003) IMF Discussion paper n 03/180.