Telephone: +44 (0)24 765 28419
Fax: +44 (0)24 765 23032
Email: N dot A dot Chen at warwick dot ac dot uk
Advice and feedback hours (term 3):
Monday 11-12 and Tuesday 11-12. Please sign up for a slot on my door.
Associate Professor of Economics
- International economics
- CAGE Research Associate
- Research Fellow, Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR), International Trade and Regional Economics Programme
- Research Fellow, Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR), International Macroeconomics Programme
- Research Affiliate CESifo Munich, Global Economy Programme
- Quality and the Great Trade Collapse (with L. Juvenal), Journal of Development Economics 135, pp. 59-76, 2018.
- Quality, Trade, and Exchange Rate Pass-Through (with L. Juvenal), Journal of International Economics 100, pp.61-80, 2016. Online Appendix. See the policy column at VoxEU.
- Multi-Trait Matching and Gender Differentials in Intergenerational Mobility (with P. Conconi and C. Perroni), Economics Letters 120(2), pp.292-296, 2013.
- On the Measurement of Trade Costs: Direct vs. Indirect Approaches to Quantifying Standards and Technical Regulations (with D. Novy), World Trade Review 11(3), pp.401-414, 2012.
- Gravity, Trade Integration, and Heterogeneity across Industries (with D. Novy), Journal of International Economics 85(2), pp.206-221, 2011. Online appendix. Click here for the trade cost measure used in this paper. See the policy column at VoxEU.
- The Dynamics of Trade and Competition (with J. Imbs and A. Scott), Journal of International Economics 77(1), pp.50-62, 2009. Longer working paper version; Additional results.
- Intra-National Versus International Trade in the European Union: Why Do National Borders Matter?, Journal of International Economics 63(1), pp.93-118, 2004.
- The Behaviour of Relative Prices in the European Union: A Sectoral Analysis, European Economic Review 48(6), pp. 1257-1286, 2004.
- La Sensibilité de la Demande d'Electricité au Prix et au Revenu en Belgique, Brussels Economic Review, 2000, Vol.166, pp. 171-205.
- Vehicle currency pricing and exchange rate pass-through (with W. Chung and D. Novy), CEPR Discussion Paper 13085.
- Currency unions, trade, and heterogeneity (with D. Novy), CEPR Discussion Paper 12954. CEP Discussion Paper 1550. CESifo Working Paper 7123. See the policy column at VoxEU.
- Oil Prices, Profits, and Recessions: An Inquiry Using Terrorism as an Instrumental Variable (with L. Graham and A. Oswald), CEPR Discussion Paper 6937.
- Women's Earning Power and the "Double Burden" of Market and Household Work (with P. Conconi and C. Perroni), CEPR Discussion Paper 6269.
- Does Migration Empower Married Women? (with P. Conconi and C. Perroni), CEPR Discussion Paper 5559.Employment and Exchange Rates in the European Union.
- Book review of Unger, Roberto M, Free Trade Reimagined: The World Division of Labor and the Method of Economics, Princeton University Press, Journal of Regional Science 49(1), pp.208-210, February 2009.
- Book Review of Fingleton, Eraydin, Paci, eds, Regional Economic Growth, SMEs, and the Wider Europe, Ashgate, Journal of Regional Science 45(1), pp.260-262, 2005.
- Book Review of Forssbaeck Jens and Lars Oxelheim "Money Markets and Politics: A Study of European Financial Integration and Monetary Policy Options", Edward Elgar, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, Transnational Corporations 14(1), pp.139-143, 2005.