Professor of Economics
- International economics
- CAGE Research Associate
- Research Fellow, Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR), International Trade and Regional Economics Programme
- Research Fellow, Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR), International Macroeconomics Programme
- Research Fellow CESifo Munich, Global Economy Programme
- Quality and the Great Trade Collapse (with L. Juvenal), Journal of Development Economics 135, pp. 59-76, 2018.
- Quality, Trade, and Exchange Rate Pass-Through (with L. Juvenal), Journal of International Economics 100, pp.61-80, 2016. Online Appendix. See the policy column at VoxEU.
- Multi-Trait Matching and Gender Differentials in Intergenerational Mobility (with P. Conconi and C. Perroni), Economics Letters 120(2), pp.292-296, 2013.
- On the Measurement of Trade Costs: Direct vs. Indirect Approaches to Quantifying Standards and Technical Regulations (with D. Novy), World Trade Review 11(3), pp.401-414, 2012.
- Gravity, Trade Integration, and Heterogeneity across Industries (with D. Novy), Journal of International Economics 85(2), pp.206-221, 2011. Online appendix. Click here for the trade cost measure used in this paper. See the policy column at VoxEU.
- The Dynamics of Trade and Competition (with J. Imbs and A. Scott), Journal of International Economics 77(1), pp.50-62, 2009. Longer working paper version; Additional results.
- Intra-National Versus International Trade in the European Union: Why Do National Borders Matter?, Journal of International Economics 63(1), pp.93-118, 2004.
- The Behaviour of Relative Prices in the European Union: A Sectoral Analysis, European Economic Review 48(6), pp. 1257-1286, 2004.
- La Sensibilité de la Demande d'Electricité au Prix et au Revenu en Belgique, Brussels Economic Review, 2000, Vol.166, pp. 171-205.
- Markups, quality, and trade costs (with L. Juvenal), CEPR Discussion Paper 14204.
- Vehicle currency pricing and exchange rate pass-through (with W. Chung and D. Novy), CEPR Discussion Paper 13085. Revise and resubmit, Journal of the European Economic Association.
- Currency unions, trade, and heterogeneity (with D. Novy), CEPR Discussion Paper 12954. CEP Discussion Paper 1550. CESifo Working Paper 7123. See the policy column at VoxEU. Revise and resubmit, Economic Journal.
- Oil Prices, Profits, and Recessions: An Inquiry Using Terrorism as an Instrumental Variable (with L. Graham and A. Oswald), CEPR Discussion Paper 6937.
- Women's Earning Power and the "Double Burden" of Market and Household Work (with P. Conconi and C. Perroni), CEPR Discussion Paper 6269.
- Does Migration Empower Married Women? (with P. Conconi and C. Perroni), CEPR Discussion Paper 5559.Employment and Exchange Rates in the European Union.
- Book review of Unger, Roberto M, Free Trade Reimagined: The World Division of Labor and the Method of Economics, Princeton University Press, Journal of Regional Science 49(1), pp.208-210, February 2009.
- Book Review of Fingleton, Eraydin, Paci, eds, Regional Economic Growth, SMEs, and the Wider Europe, Ashgate, Journal of Regional Science 45(1), pp.260-262, 2005.
- Book Review of Forssbaeck Jens and Lars Oxelheim "Money Markets and Politics: A Study of European Financial Integration and Monetary Policy Options", Edward Elgar, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development, Transnational Corporations 14(1), pp.139-143, 2005.