Head of Administration (Business and Research)
Responsible toProfessional Services Team OrganogramLink opens in a new window
Phone: +44 (0)24 765 24930
Email: S dot Duggan at warwick dot ac dot uk
Office: S2.135Link opens in a new window
Working hours: Monday to Thursday, 8:30am to 4:30pm; Friday 8:30am to 3:30pm
To work with the Head of Department and the Senior Management Team to provide high level professional leadership and management support for the strategic direction and delivery of the Department’s plans and objectives.
- Lead and manage the business and research professional teams in the Department (Marketing and Communications, Learning and Information Technology, Research Support, Department Support) to deliver the Department’s plans and objectives.
- Work with the Director of Research on the delivery of the Department's Research Excellence Group Action Plan and support the preparation of the Research Excellence Framework (REF) submission.
- Manage the effective design, delivery and support for the Department’s governance structures ensuring that they are fully compliant with University’s regulations.
- Prepare and administer the Department’s budget and five year plan.
- Provide high level business development support for new Departmental initiatives.
I joined the Economics Department in January 2015 as the Department Administrator and moved to the new role of Head of Administration (Business and Research) following a restructure of the professional services team in November 2018.
Previous roles include Clinical Trials Unit Manager at Warwick Medical School’s Clinical Trials Unit (2006 to 2015) and various positions within clinical trials at AstraZeneca Ltd (1996 to 2006).
I have a PhD in Reproductive Biology from St. George’s Hospital Medical School, University of London and a BSc (Hons) in Toxicology and Pharmacology from The School of Pharmacy, University of London.