This third and final section in the STEM Careers learning module is designed to follow the second section, STEM Moving On. STEM Digging Deeper builds on and develops the themes and ideas in STEM Moving On. It is written for careers professionals and teachers who offer careers education, information, advice and guidance to learners. It should take a minimum of four hours to complete.
STEM Digging Deeper aims to take your knowledge and understanding of STEM one step further. It focuses on researching STEM in your locale, and professional updating, promoting equality and diversity, as well as delivery of a STEM Careers event.
These materials will help you to:
- Identify major STEM sectors and employers in your local area
- Join professional networks to keep up to date on developments in STEM courses and careers
- Promote equal opportunities in the context of STEM careers
- Plan a STEM careers awareness activity that addresses your identified development priorities
This section of the module is divided into four parts, and it is recommended that you work through them in the order they are presented. At the end of the last part there is a chance to test yourself on the main theme of STEM Digging Deeper and an evaluation for you to complete.
Where to start:
- What's the best way to find out about STEM in my local area?
- How can I keep up-to-date with STEM?
- How equality and diversity, in the STEM context, be promoted where I work?
- STEM Careers delivery Digging deeper
Turn your learning into action:
- To help you store and organise your action points, we recommend you download a STEM Careers Personal Action Plan. Use it to note down your responses to some of the reflective questions we ask, and record what you intend to do or investigate as a consequence.
When you have finished:
Icons to help guide you through the online module:
|Information & resources|
|Further information & learning|