Multicultural Scholars Programme (MSP)
Initiated in 2005 from the generosity of two anonymous donors to provide academic, financial and careers support for students from under represented ethnic groups in UK Higher Education. Now our scholarships are funded by individuals, businesses and law firms, and there are also parallel MSP programmes in Business and Engineering.
So far, 75 scholars have graduated from Warwick Law School and have gone on to pursue successful careers in Law, and a range of other professions. We currently have 31 MSP scholars in the Law School, and have up to 10 scholarship places available for students starting their Law degree with us in September 2019.
Apply now - deadline Friday 23 August
What do scholars receive?
- £2,000 per year for each year of your course
- A dedicated personal tutor
- Bespoke careers support
- Mentoring within the University and from Alumni
- Career and networking events
- Termly socials with your fellow scholars
- Trips to Law Firms and Chambers
- Summer study abroad, overseas development project or work experience opportunities
Who is eligible?
To apply you must meet the following criteria:
- Be resident in the UK and eligible to pay fees at the home rate
- Be of Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Caribbean or African origin
- Have not previously studied for a first degree
- Be applying for financial support (www.gov.uk/studentfinance) and in receipt of a Government Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan for 2019/20.
- Have a household income as assessed by the Student Loans Company of below £35,001
- Be willing to sign an agreement to take full and active part in the Multicultural Scholars' Programme.
- Be applying for a full-time undergraduate course through UCAS and receive and firmly accept an offer of a place to study at Warwick from October 2019 on one of our degree programmes.