What is the programme about?
This programme offers careers focused mentoring designed to provide students with support and encouragement in their career journey through connecting to a mentor with an established career.
- Inspire and grow your confidence.
- Guide the development of your professional and personal skills.
- Provide an insight into professional life.
- Grow your professional network.
This programme is open to all students in any year of their undergraduate studies and the eligibility criteria is as follows:
- You were eligible for Free School Meals while at secondary school
- You come from a low socio-economic background where your household income is below £35,001.
- You attended a school with below average performance*.
- You come from an area with low progression rates to higher education*
- You are in receipt of a Warwick Bursary or other means tested financial support.
- You are a student with disabilities - including seen and unseen disabilities, specific learning differences, mental health difficulties, autistic spectrum disorder or any other disabling condition.
- You are a mature student who entered higher education over the age of 21
- You have spent time in local authority care, either in a foster home or a group home.
- You are an estranged student who is not supported by their parents
- You have caring responsibilities - this could include, physical, practical or emotional care.
- Neither of your parents attended university and gained a degree (e.g. BA/BSc or equivalent) - excluding if they were/are a mature student.
To take part, you must also be keen to advance your professional and personal development and able to commit to having one mentoring session per month for the duration of the programme. You will also need to have access to your university emails and Microsoft Teams for video or voice calls with your mentor.
*Check your school and local areas progression rate to higher education hereLink opens in a new window
Benefits to you
- Receive 1-1 support from an experienced professional who can share their experiences and advice.
- Learn about professional life with the possibility of gaining insights into a particular industry if applicable (please note we cannot guarantee you will be matched to a mentor from a specific industry).
- Increase your confidence to reach your goals.
- Develop key professional and personal skills to help you succeed in your career.
- Connect with successful professionals growing your own network.
- Reflect on your plans and work towards a clearer career direction.
Find out more
If you are interested in the participating in the programme, please read through the guidebook below to find out more about the commitments, expectations and many benefits of participating in the programme.
Training dates to follow.
Please note that we will be unable to match you with a mentor until you have completed the relevant training.