Advert for students: Race and Ethnic Minority Student Liaison Representative
Who is eligible to stand?
For the position of UG, PGT or PGR representative position you will need to be a current student on a PAIS or PAIS joint degree who self-defines as a person of colour and/or member of an ethnic minority.
Who is eligible to vote?
All members of the relevant student cohorts (i.e. UG, PGT and PGR on PAIS or PAIS joint degree programmes).
· You will represent all students of colour and ethnic minorities on PAIS/joint degree programmes at the UG, PGT or PGR level, and help to ensure that they have a say in their educational experience.
· You will help to raise awareness of the issues that people of colour and ethnic minorities face amongst the PAIS student community, and work with the department to help address these.
· You will sit on one of the following committees – PAIS Decolonising the Curriculum Working Group, Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, or Education Committee – and be invited to attend the PAIS SSLC and open sessions of the PAIS departmental board meetings.
· You will liaise with the other two Race and Ethnic Minority Student Liaison Representatives to discuss priorities and to ensure that relevant issues are raised at all three committees and departmental board meetings.
· In addition to this, you will carry out your manifesto promises.
· Candidates who wish to stand should send their details (name, student number and degree programme) and manifesto to Shirin Rai the Chair of the Equality, and Diversity Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Monday 19 October. These will then be circulated to all students with an election held via the alternative voting ballot. Voting will open at 9am on Friday 23 October and close at noon on Monday 26 October.