- The Palestine Teach-In (co-hosted with the Centre for Studies of Women and Gender) with Nicola Pratt, Ashjan Ajour, Hadeel Himmo, Muna Dajani & Marwan Darweish. June 17, 2021.
- Racial Capitalism, the Pandemic & the Climate Crisis: Dangerous Tactics of Differential Survival
The Social Theory Centre's 2021 Annual Public event with Gargi Bhattacharya (University of East London) and Discussant (Sivamohan Valluvan, University of Warwick). June 16, 2021.
A Valley of Dust and Water: Infrastructure, Anxieties, and Ecological Imaginaries on the India Pakistan border. Seminar with Mona Bhan (Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University, USA. June 3, 2021.
- Sonic Intimacy - Seminar with Malcolm James (University of Sussex) and Discussant (Virinder Kalra, University of Warwick). March 10, 2021.
- Climate Reparations: How Did We Get Here - Seminar with Keston Perry (University of the West of England, Bristol) and Discussant (Alice Mah, University of Warwick). February 3, 2021.
- Social Research in Pandemic Times - Talks & Panel Discussion with Niharika Pandit (LSE) & Karsten Schubert (Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg). Discussant Caryn Petersen. November 25, 2020.
- Anti-Colonial Reckonings: A Conversation - Talks & Panel Discussion with Adam Elliot Cooper (University of Greenwich), Rafeef Ziadeh (SOAS), Ather Zia (University of Northern Colorado, Greeley), Rahul Rao (SOAS), Tomi Amole (Warwick Anti-Racism Society) - July 14, 2020.
Note: Please click on the link above to access video clips of the event.
- Richard Seymour in Conversation with Nisha Kapoor- on The Twittering Machine - February 18, 2020.
Digital Racism: Networks, Algorithms & Power Laws (Seminar) Sanjay Sharma - Brunel University, November 12, 2019.
- Two Lectures: Mega Church, and/or an Ecology of Dispossession (Seminar, co-sponsored by the Social Theory Centre/Organised by the Centre for Interdisciplinary Methodologies)
The Third Culture?//Literature and Sociology - Interdisciplinary Conference (Co-sponsored by the ESRC DTC & The Social Theory Centre) - 1 June 2019.
'At the Unspoken Threshold of Biopolitical Thought': Jasbir Puar in Conversation with Rahul Rao - Annual Social Theory Event - May 15, 2019
Master Class with Professor Jasbir Puar (Rutgers University, USA) - May 15, 2019 (Half Day)
Reading Retreat (co-sponsored with participants from Sociology, Law & History) - 8 May 2019 (All Day)
What is Social Theory Made Of? A People's Archive (Panel Discussion) 30 January 2019 3 pm - 5 pm
- With the Law School the Social Theory Centre co-hosted the Critical Legal Conference 2017 (September 1-3).
- Creative Analytic Writing Workshop Thursday 15th September
- Joyful Ontologies Workshop Friday 16th September
- Warwick Prevent Conference Saturday 15th October
- Embrace of the Serpent Arts Centre Film screening with QnA, Thursday 20th October
- Breaking our silences on the neoliberal academy:facillitating change from a postgraduate perspective. Friday 26th October 9.00-17.30
- Social Theory Centre Masterclass: The Spirit of Revolution: Beyond the Dead Ends of Man with Drucilla Cornell & Stephen Seely. 10.00-17.00, 8th-10th of November. Registration & info
- Sociology & Psychoanalysis: The Unfulfilled Promise, 11th-12th November, UCL (London): Programme ; Registration
- Luce Irigaray Public Lecture 'How Could We Truly Live and Talk Together: Beyond Idealist Dreams and Pseudo-materialists Dictates’. Monday 14th November, 17.00-19.00, free eventbright
- Luce Irigaray & Stephen Seely in conversation on Through Vegetal Being, Tuesday 15th November, 13.00-14.00, OC1.01
- Drucilla Cornell Public Lecture 'Derrida’s method as technique of liberation’ Tuesday 15th November eventbright
- Michele Lamont (Harvard) Public Lecture 'Getting Respect: Responding to Stigma and Discrimination in the Unites States, Irsael and Brazil' 10 March 2017 at 3pm-5pm in Oculus OC1.06
- Susan Buck-Morss (CUNY) Social Theory Centre Annual Lecture. YEAR 1. Wednesday 26th April. 17.00-19.00, OC0.03 Get your free ticket here
- Social Theory Centre Masterclass with Susan Buck-Morss. 'The Philosophy of History is a Centaur' Thursday 27th April. 10.00-13.00. Further info and registration.
PhD/ECR Masterclass on Decolonizing Social Theory
Monday 8th May, 2-4pm, R0.14
Speakers: Andrew Zimmerman, Robbie Shilliam, Akwugo Emejulu (tbc)
Chair: Claire Blencowe
Symposium: Polanyi, Markets, and Socialism in the Early 21st Century, Tuesday 9 May, 2-5pm, R0.14
Speakers: Johanna Bockman, Matthew Watson, Gareth Dale
Discussants: John Holmwood, Alice Mah
Chair: Shirin Rai
PhD/ECR Masterclass on Community Research, Race, and Housing
Thursday 11th May, 10-12pm, R014
Speakers: Johanna Bockman, Nigel de Noronha, Giovanni Picker
Chair: Hannah Jones
- Symposium on Europe and Africa Wednesday 10 May, 2-5pm
- Critical Legal Conference - Catastrophe September 1-3