Thank you to all of our donors and well done to recipients!
Every year, Warwick receives donations from alumni, friends, trusts and foundations. Most of these are given towards specific projects, like the new Mathematical Sciences building, or our scholarship programme which helps hundreds of students.
Other gifts are given to the areas of greatest need at Warwick, and shared out between important projects by our committee, led by Provost Chris Ennew.
This year we opened up funding bids under the newly named Warwick Innovation Fund, and we're now delighted to announce that the projects listed below will be funded or partly funded by donations.
To everyone who donates to these funds, thank you for making so many amazing things possible at Warwick.
You're ensuring an incredible student experience for those who study here, and ground-breaking research by those who work on a daily basis to make new exciting discoveries.
- Student experience projects
- #WeGetConsent campaign at the Students' Union
- 'Are You OK?' wellbeing campaign at the Students' Union
- Black History Month at the Students' Union
- Classics and Ancient History's student performance of Euripides' Medea
- Creative Warwick's Warwick Fringe Festival at the Students' Union
- Housing Ambassadors at the Students' Union
- IATL's project to improve student wellbeing in the teaching and learning environment
- Matched funding for the new Warwick Spark Crowdfunding platform
- Reshaping Sport Campaign at the Students' Union
- Careers skills and training projects
- Warwick Graduate Internships by Student Careers & Skills
- Work Experience Bursaries & Internships by Student Careers & Skills
- Sprint Women’s Development programme by Student Careers & Skills
- Research and academic projects
- Alzheimer's research in the Department of Engineering
- Breast cancer research at the Warwick Cancer Research Centre
- Diet and postnatal depression research at Warwick Medical School
- International Women in Physics Conference Physics
- Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Conference Students' Union
- The Transatlantic and China Fellowships by the Humanities Research Centre
- Wolfson Postgraduate Scholarship Student Funding
- Community projects
- Creative Learning Space Collaborative Design at Warwick Arts Centre
- Enabling virtual reality in outreach by ITS Academic Technology
- Give it a Go Activities with Warwick Volunteers, Student Careers & Skills
- Kidz Camp with Warwick Volunteers, Careers & Skills
- Laksh Programme Warwick in London
- Lunch Break Makes by the School of Engineering
Once again, well done to all the winners and thank you to our donors. We can't wait to see the impact of these projects in years to come!
Would you like to make a gift to help future students, community or research projects at Warwick like these? Use our secure online donation form and choose 'the areas of greatest need'.
Are you a member of staff interested in applying for funding? Bids will open again in June 2018.