The goal of GRP-GG is to foster longer-term interdisciplinary interactions between academics, at Warwick and other universities that will give rise to important new understandings and insights into issues of global governance.
To work towards this goal, the GRP is planning to provide some seed funding to develop interdisciplinary research collaboration among Warwick University scholars on the issue of global governance that will lead to the development of external grant applications. We envisage applications in the region of £500-£1500 but may exceptionally consider larger sums where a team of researchers from multiple disciplines present a strong case in a promising project. Examples of activities that may be funded include the employment of short term research assistance, bringing together a group of researchers from different institutions, or one off exploratory research visits. NB: Conference funding or buying out of time will not be covered.
We will prioritise activities that:
- foster longer-term interactions between academics from different disciplines (as opposed to one-off events where no further interactions are envisaged)
- have the potential to create ‘impact’ e.g. the dissemination of existing inter-disciplinary research to non-academic audiences
- demonstrate how an inter-disciplinary approach will contribute significant added value to important issues of global concern
- show enthusiasm for engaging as widely as possible with academics from other disciplines through long term engagement with the GRP
- have potential for generating longer-term and/or larger scale inter-disciplinary research projects, especially those that can potentially form the basis of an external funding application
Applications will thus be assessed according to the following criteria:
- value for money
- extent to which they outline a clear activity which will generate further follow up work
- extent to which they address a significant global governance issue, preferably from an interdisciplinary perspective
Successful applicants will be expected to:
- produce a one page report on the activities carried out
- have a Warwick based principal investigator for any follow up external funding applications
- engage with the wider GRP in terms of disseminating activities
Funding application forms should be returned to Ura Martin by email (u dot martin at warwick dot ac dot uk). Also ALL expenditure must be incurred by the end of July 2018.
Each application will be considered by the Convening Group in accordance with the priorities above and its relevance to the themes of the GRP and are subject to the availability of funds. The main applicant must be employed by the University of Warwick for the duration of the funding. The Convening Group may make awards conditional to the provision of further information.