Reduce, reuse & recycle
Providing more, but with less impact on the environment
It’s our world, so let’s take care of it
Sustainability is important to us, and we understand it's important to you too. We work to reduce, recycle and reuse to create a sustainable life cycle.
The goal is to reduce any negative impact our business may have on the environment.
Our sustainability objectives
- Reduction of carbon emissions
- Waste reduction
- Socially responsible sourcing
- Community engagement to raise awareness of sustainability
- Work with suppliers that share our vision
Green awards & accreditations
We work hard to meet the standards set out by many industry bodies, including Green Tourism - the world's largest sustainable certification programme.
These accreditations cover waste management, recycling, energy and water conservation and much much more.
It's about adopting a smart, sustainable outlook from top to bottom.
What we're currently doing
- The Slate is rated BREEAM Excellent and EPC A-rating targeted.
- Windows are energy efficient to reduce the need for artificial lighting and heating.
- Heating is provided by our district heating system, helping to reduce energy consumption by 13%.
- 70% of lighting in Scarman and Radcliffe are energy efficient LED.
- The option to request no meeting room paper, housekeeping service or individual coffee tray.
- Leaving a room or finished with a computer? We encourage all guests to switch it off when not in use.
- 75% of dishes are freshly prepared from unprocessed ingredients.
- No fish is served from the Marine Conservation Society ‘fish to avoid’ list.
- Only serve 100% British free range eggs, laid by hens that enjoy a healthy diet and have space to roam.
- All meat is procured from farms satisfying UK Animal Welfare standards.
- Free drinking water is widely available and encouraged with no single use cups.
- Seasonal menus so less artificial resources are used for crops to grow.
- Free charging points for people who use energy efficient electric vehicles.
- Bikes available to hireLink opens in a new window at our venues to get around campus whilst minimising consumption of fossil fuels.
- Encouraging the use of more environmentally friendly means of travelling to and from events.
- Partnering with the Warwickshire Wildlife Trust to ensure our outdoor spaces are eco-friendly.
- Providing bees with a secure habitat to help stop their decline, as they are vital to a healthy environment.
Discover The Way to Sustainable
As part of the University of Warwick, we are focussed on helping tackle the climate emergency.
The Way to Sustainable is the university's statement on creating a sustainable future, and the practical challenges of getting there.
Get in touch to discuss making your next event green
Phone +44 (0)24 7652 3222 Email hello-conferences at warwick dot ac dot uk