Reduce, reuse & recycle
Providing more, but with less impact on the environment
- The Slate is rated BREEAM Excellent and EPC A-rating targeted.
- Windows are energy efficient to reduce the need for artificial lighting and heating.
- Heating is provided by our district heating system, helping to reduce energy consumption by 13%.
- 70% of lighting in Scarman and Radcliffe are energy efficient LED.
- The option to request no meeting room paper, housekeeping service or individual coffee tray.
- Leaving a room or finished with a computer? We encourage all guests to switch it off when not in use.
- 75% of dishes are freshly prepared from unprocessed ingredients.
- No fish is served from the Marine Conservation Society ‘fish to avoid’ list.
- Only serve 100% British free range eggs, laid by hens that enjoy a healthy diet and have space to roam.
- All meat is procured from farms satisfying UK Animal Welfare standards.
- Free drinking water is widely available and encouraged with no single use cups.
- Seasonal menus so less artificial resources are used for crops to grow.
- Free charging points for people who use energy efficient electric vehicles.
- Bikes available to hire at our venues to get around campus whilst minimising consumption of fossil fuels.
- Encouraging the use of more environmentally friendly means of travelling to and from events.
- Partnering with the Warwickshire Wildlife Trust to ensure our outdoor spaces are eco-friendly.
- Providing bees with a secure habitat to help stop their decline, as they are vital to a healthy environment.
Get in touch to discuss making your next event green
Phone +44 (0)24 7652 3222 Email hello-conferences at warwick dot ac dot uk