The Dean of Students Office
The Dean of Students Office plays an important role in the student learning experience at Warwick. We are a dynamic team, comprising of academic and professional services staff and students working in close partnership. We have strategic leadership of academic support, through the personal tutoring system, the institution’s Inclusive Education Model (IEM) and the Community Values Education Programme (CVEP).
What do we do?
- The Dean of Students Office is responsible for the effective operation and development of personal tutoring.
- We provide advice, training, support and guidance to Tutors, and act as a champion for personal and senior tutors across the University.
- We also lead the Senior Tutor network and have a Faculty Senior Tutor representing and supporting each Faculty.
Contact: Dean of Students and/or your Faculty Senior Tutor
The Dean of Students Office regularly engages and collaborates with students in all our projects to ensure there is student voice and input.
- The Dean of Students also leads the Director of Student Experience Network which meets termly to share practice and feed into the development of University-wide policy and practice.
Contact: Dean of Students
- The Dean of Students Office has strategic leadership of the Inclusive Education Model, which is central to building and maintaining a welcoming community, where all students feel included and able to succeed.
- We work closely with staff and students across the University to deliver the goals and objectives of the model, offer support and share practice.
Contact: Megan Caulfield
- The CVEP team works with students and staff across the University to co-create and deliver activities and resources that promote a strong values-driven community at Warwick.
- This includes designing and delivering the Active Bystander programme and leading on the university-wide 'Say my Name' project.
Contact: Sam Parr
Positive Digital Practices
- Working with sector bodies and colleagues from other institutions, we lead on the Positive Pedagogy workstream of the OfS funded Positive Digital Practices project.
- The project aims to embed and sustain positive practices that support mental wellbeing for part-time, commuter and distance learning students.
Contact: Sharron Wilson
- The Dean of Students Hardship Fund is by referral only by Student Funding, following an application to the Warwick Hardship Fund.
Contact: Dean of Students PA