The Provost, or nominee (Chair)
Professor Emma Flynn
|Two members of the Academic Staff (Deputy Chairs)
Professor David Haddleton
Professor Kate Seers
|A Pro-Vice-Chancellor, appointed by the Vice-Chancellor
Professor Lorenzo Frigerio
A Member of Professional Services Staff
The Vice-Provosts and Chairs of the Boards of the Faculties or nominees:
Professor Rachel Moseley
Science, Engineering and Medicine
Professor Mike Ward
Professor Nick Vaughan-Williams
The Academic Director (Graduate Studies)
Professor Daniel Branch
The Director of Estates
The Group Finance Director or nominee
The Commercial Director
A representative of the Students’ Union, nominated by the President
|Anna Taylor (2024)
Chief Finance Officer (Estates)
Capital Programme Director (Estates)
1. To ensure that space is available to support the activities of the University in alignment with the University Space Principles.
2. To promote good practice within the University in the use of space, the conservation of natural resources and the reduction of waste and pollutants in line with the University's Environmental Sustainability targets.
3. Allocations of all non-residential building space in the University in accordance with the University Space Management Guidelines.
4. Changes to the proposed use of space including commissioning, decommissioning, repurposing and reconfiguring of space.
5. Initial statements of need for new non-residential buildings and capital redevelopments (RIBA Stage 0 to 1) subject to the granting of funding from FPC for this work.
To recommend to the University Estate and Environment Committee:
6. Revisions to the University Space Management Guidelines, Space Principles and other policy relating to the efficient allocation and provision of space.
7. Proposals for naming of buildings and rooms not agreed as donor assets, following consultation with relevant stakeholders and in line with the Policy on the Naming of University Buildings. The naming of buildings and rooms agreed as donor assets must first be approved in accordance with the Recognition of Gifts Policy before recommendation to the UEEC.
To recommend to the University Executive Board:
8. Revisions to sections of the Strategic Risk Register relating to space.
9. Reports on the utilisation, availability and accessibility of non-residential University space, including reports from the Teaching and Learning Spaces Development Group and the Timetable Improvement Programme Steering Group.
10. Reports on procedures and practices from across the University relating to compliance with the University's environmental sustainability targets in line with the Environmental Sustainability Strategy.
The Capital Space and Amenities Group is a sub-committee of the University Estate and Environment Committee and exercises delegated powers in respect of the annual allocation exercise.
Click here to see a diagrammatic representation of the Committee Structure.
Secretary: Scott Lloyd, Head of Space Management and Timetabling
Assistant Secretary: Nicola Hunt, Space Planning Manager (csag at warwick dot ac dot uk)
Dates of meetings of the Capital Space and Amenities Group can be found within the University Committee Timetable.
The Committee Timetable is published and updated online and should be referred to when verifying arrangements throughout the academic year.