On 1 February 2017 the Senate resolved to disestablish the University of Warwick International Foundation Programme Board of Studies. This page currently remains live to provide an archive.
Chair, Pro Vice-Chancellor (Education)
Professor Christopher Hughes
Ten members of the academic staff appointed by the Senate
Dr Dave Britnell
Ms Winnie Chan
Professor Peter Corvi
Professor Saul Jacka
Dr Mike Joy
Dr Trevor McCrisken
Dr Kevin Moffat
Dr Gerard Sharpling
Professor David Lamburn
Professor Maria Luddy
Two members of the Warwick IFP Management Team
Mr Thomas Such
Ms Samantha Cook
(1) To regulate and keep under review admissions, teaching, curricula, grading and examinations of the Higher Education Foundation Programme.
(2) To recommend for each of the subject groups examiners, both from the university and colleges (internal) and external, for appointment according to current university regulations.
(3) To act as the Board of Examiners for the allocation of students grades to be recorded on the Higher Education Foundation Programme transcript.
(4) To co-opt the external examiners for the Board of Examiners' meetings.
(5) To consider and keep under review the attendance, progress and conduct of students on the Higher Education Foundation Programme and report annually to the Senate.
(6) To consider any other mattes relating to the operation of the Higher Education Foundation Programme.
(7) To advise and report to Senate on major matters of policy concerning the Higher Education Foundation Programme.
(8) To reserve the right to convene meetings of only University of Warwick staff members, if the matter is confidential or deemed necessary.
The Higher Education Foundation Programme Board of Studies reports to the Senate.
Click here to see a diagrammatic representation of the Committee Structure.
Secretary: Tom Such (Thomas dot Such at warwick dot ac dot uk or ext: 74055)
Papers for consideration by the Higher Education Foundation Programme Board of Studies should be submitted to the Secretary two weeks in advance of the meeting at which they are to be considered.
Dates of meetings of the Higher Education Foundation Programme Board of Studies can be found within the University Committee Timetable.
Click here to access minutes of previous meetings.