Intellectual Property Committee (Disestablished)
On 3 November 2014 the Steering Committee resolved on behalf of the Senate to disestablish the IPC. This page currently remains live to provide an archive.
Terms of Reference
|A Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Chair)||Professor Tim Jones|
|A Lay member of the Council, appointed by the Council||
Professor Sir John Temple
Up to three Academic members of staff nominated by the Senate
Professor Richard Dashwood
|Director of Research and Impact Services||
Ms Catherine Cochrane
|Chief Executive Officer of Warwick Ventures Ltd||
Mr Quentin Compton-Bishop
|Director of Corporate Relations||
|Director of Human Resources or his/her nominee||Dr Julia Smith|
A Postgraduate Student nominated by the Students' Union and appointed by the Council
|Ms Lucy Gill (2014)|
Note: The year after a member's name indicates that his/her term of office expires on 31 July of that year. Lay members from the Council can change annually.
The University Legal Adviser
A Representative Adviser from Research and Impact Services (RIS), nominated by the Director of RIS
A Representative Adviser from Warwick Ventures Ltd, nominated by the Chief Executive Officer of Warwick Ventures Ltd
Senior Assistant Registrar (Governance and Risk)
Terms of Reference
(1) To recommend to the Council and the Senate an Intellectual Property Strategy for the management both of intellectual property ownership and of the benefits and risks arising from the development, use and commercialisation of the University's IP, and to report on the ongoing review of the Strategy on an annual basis.
(2) To recommend to the Council and Senate such policies as may be required on intellectual property, as it applies to all members of the University.
(3) To advise the Council and the Senate of the implications and risks to the University of any relevant legislative changes.
(4) To provide regular monitoring reports to the Council and the Senate on the implementation of relevant policies across the University.
(5) To recommend to the Council and Senate guidelines on related issues within the context of the University's Intellectual Property Strategy and related policies and in accordance with the University's Regulations.
(6) To consider and approve all proposals, not of material value, relating to intellectual property which constitute exceptions to the policies of the University whilst ensuring compliance with University Regulations.
(7) To consider and approve submissions to external organisations on the University's Intellectual Property Strategy and related policies.
The Intellectual Property Committee reports to the Senate and to the Council.
Click here to see a diagrammatic representation of the Committee Structure.
Secretary: Ms Becky Lees, Senior Assistant Registrar (Governance and Risk)
Correspondence should be sent to intellectualproperty at warwick dot ac dot uk.
Papers for consideration by the Intellectual Property Committee should be submitted to the Secretary two weeks in advance of the meeting at which they are to be considered.
Dates of meetings of the Intellectual Property Committee can be found within the University Committee Timetable.
The Timetable is published and updated online and should be referred to when verifying arrangements through the academic year.
Click here to access minutes of previous meetings.