The University are one of a number occupants who occupy the Clinical Sciences Building which is part of the University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust’s Walsgrave site. University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust will be referred to as the Trust throughout this document
The Trust assumes overall control of the building with respect to day to day facilities management matters and also the co-ordination of any emergency situations on the behalf of all the building users. This is primarily done by two key means:
- The Trust having control of the Clinical Sciences Building’s fire detection and alarm system;
- The Trust’s Fire Response Team covers the Clinical Sciences Building along with the rest of the site.
With respect to Fire Safety legislation the University is considered a tenant of the Trust. This does not discharge the University of all responsibilities with respect to fire safety, but necessitates the need for both the Trust and the University to work in partnership with respect to fire safety.
The CSRL Fire Safety Arrangements are underpinned by the instruction and information in the following pages:
- Fire Actions - Clinical Sciences Research Laboratory (CSRL);
- Evacuation of Mobility Impaired Persons;
- Fire Safety Instructions to Visitors;
- Actions of CSRL Fire Marshalls;
- Reporting Incidents;
- Fire Safety Responsibilities;
- Fire Safety Training Requirement.
All CSRL staff should familiarise themselves with the instruction and information detailed on the pages listed above.