Skip to main content

Variable Monthly Payroll (VAM)

Details of how to engage temporary/variable workers who will be paid via the variable (VAM) payroll are found in the Non-Employment Arrangements section of the HR web pages.

All requests for payments via VAM must be received in the Payroll Office by the relevant cut-off date . These requests must be original documents, signed by the appropriate authorised signatory (faxes and emails are unacceptable) and on the correct forms. All payments must include a valid cost code and University Number (which can be found on payslips and University cards) to prevent the wrong person being paid. Payments presented on the wrong forms or missing the required details will be returned to the originating department and payment may be delayed.