USB headsets are treated as a separate sound card, and audio will not be sent to them by default. You can either send all audio output to the USB headset or send the output from a specific application to it.
Send all audio output to USB headset
- Open the System menu (top right of screen) and click the Settings icon (looks like a crossed spanner and screwdriver) then click Sound.
- In the output tab, select the USB headset.
- If the USB headset has a microphone, you can also select the headset in the Input tab.
Send audio output from a chosen application to USB headset.
In this example the chosen application is Skype.
- Run PulseAudio Volume Control. This can be found in the Sound & Video section of the Applications menu, or by pressing <Super> and typing the name.
- In the Playback tab, locate the Skype stream, click on the button and select the USB headset.
- To have Skype take input from use the USB headset's microphone, do the same in the Recording tab.