Data Centres & Comms Rooms Service Current Activities
Current Data Centre & Comms Room Projects:
Current projects within Data Centres and Comms room include the following:
- Energy efficiency monitoring and metrics in conjunction with estates for Argent Court data centre (ongoing)
- Bi-annual mains power fail testing of the ITS/Chemistry machine room took place on Tuesday 12th December. Fault found with the generator which prevented it from starting. Fault fixed later that day and all tests completed successfully.
- Replacement of the cooling plant within the ITS/Chem DC. No down time expected.
- HPC area Argent Court Data Centre (2019)
Pending Data Centre & Comms Room Projects:
Pending projects within Data Centres and Comms room include the following:
- Re-furbishment of ITS/Chemistry data centre.
- Replacement of the UPS system within ITS/Chemistry DC.
- Bi-annual mains power fail tests on the Argent Court and University House data centres.
- This will involve the power supply to each room being isolated in order to test both the UPS and standby generators for correct functionality.
- UPS’s and standby generators are inspected and maintained prior to test taking place.
- Next planned date is July/August 2018 and will commence at 8.00am. There will be no expected loss of service whilst this testing works takes place, however the data centres should be classed as being "at risk" whilst the tests take place.