The service includes the following elements:
- Implementation and support of third-party applications.
- The design, development and ongoing support of bespoke applications
- Monitoring, maintenance and enhancement of the application portfolio.
- Identification of opportunities for IT solutions to streamline business processes.
- Provision of consultation to staff in administrative and service departments to analyze requirements and advise on technical solutions.
- Optimizing the configuration of applications and related software and hardware to meet business needs; maximizing performance; providing appropriate availability and business continuity.
- Development and support of required interfaces, including those providing management information and reports.
- Security, user rights management and compliance with information-related legislation
- Enabling compliance with the requirements of external bodies: e.g. Inland Revenue
- Supplier management – liaise with suppliers about development, support and upgrade issues; licenses; futures; user group participation
- Project management and implementation of projects relating to this service (to PRINCE2 Practitioner level)
- Diagnosis and resolution of incidents relating to this service.
- Formulation of service strategies based on customer and user strategies and requirements
- Procurement of software and services to support this service.