We're responsible for managing applications which support the key business processes associated with general administration of University staff and students. As well as IT, we also support some finance and retail processes.
The services we provide are used by members of the University, directly by self-service access, and by University administrative staff to administer staff and students. We cover the full life cycle of members, from enquiry to end of membership. View a full list of services.
Our service is funded centrally and is not normally chargeable.
Application management consists of the following core elements:
- Advice on assessment and selection of software packages
- Advice on specification and development of bespoke software solutions
- Implementation of packaged and bespoke solutions
- Advice on contractual terms for support and licence management
- Ongoing maintenance and support for applications including upgrades, performance tuning and interface management
Most implementations require additional services or adjustments to the core elements – please contact us to discuss specific needs.
Service owner: David Hall (ext: 74273)
Service requests: Please contact the IT Services Help Desk (ext: 73737) in the first instance.
- How do I use the service?
- How do I change the service or ask for something new?
- What are you planning for the future?
- Who do I talk to if I want to know more?