Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Useful information


Call the Community Safety Team on - 024 7652 2222. We recommend that you store this number on your mobile phone.

Community Safety are on call 24/7 365 days of the year and are campus based. They can respond quickly in an emergency. They are first aid trained and can provide support should an ambulance be needed. Community Safety have access to buildings and emergency services will call in at the Community Safety Hub on arrival to campus. This means that they can be escorted buildings and gain appropriate access.

Duty Residential Community Assistant

Each day two Residential Community Assistants will be on duty between the hours of 23:00 and 07:00. The duty team are there for support and emergency incidents should they occur. They can also be contacted if you have a pressing query or difficulty that you feel cannot wait until working hours which are 17:00 -23:00.

If the problem is urgent or in an emergency, please contact the Community Safety Team (who are all qualified first aiders) on 02476 522222. If you are doubt as to whether it is an emergency, they can also be contacted on 02476 522083 for guidance.

Booking vacation accommodation

University facilities (including accommodation) are used for conferences and events during vacations. This helps the University to maximise income and continue to keep students' rent as low as possible. Students who wish to remain on campus during a vacation period, that is not covered by their contract, may move to another room for that time (subject to availability). If you require vacation accommodation it must be booked in advance through the Student Information Centre website.

Trunk rooms and left luggage policy

If you have items that you want to store at the University during vacation periods (Christmas and Easter only), the University has a limited number of trunk rooms. Please label boxes and cases as follows:

  • Name and address
  • Contact phone number
  • Student ID number
  • Date that items will be collected

It is the individual's responsibility to label all belongings clearly. Trunk rooms are not guaranteed to be fully secure and it is advisable not to store valuable property in them, the University does not accept responsibility for the security of the trunk rooms. The Campus Cleaning Services Team have access to the trunk rooms. At the end of your accommodation contract, residents must remove ALL belongings. Any contents not collected from the trunk rooms will be disposed of, unless prior arrangements have been made.

Items left in rooms

At the end of each term, a large amount of food and other household items are left in kitchens and bedrooms. Please help us by:

  • Placing any household items in the charity recycling banks that are positioned around campus
  • Running down your stock of food before you leave

Any dry goods, tins and packets that are left behind will be donated to a charity - information about this will be shared with you at the end of each term.

Lost and found

Loss of personal property should be reported to the Student Information Centre in Senate House. Although lost and found property will be held in Senate House, it is also advisable to check reception at the Students' Union if looking for something you have lost. Any unclaimed items will be donated to charity.

You are strongly recommended to mark your academic books and files with your name and student ID number.

Electoral roll

The University is required to provide local authorities with student addresses for the purpose of constructing the Electoral Roll. It is an individual's responsibility to register to vote. Further information is available on the GOV.UK website.

Next year - Off Campus Accommodation

If you are starting to think about where you might live next year, and you are currently in your first year then you are probably considering a move off campus to live in one of the many options in the local area. The majority of students move off campus in their second year and live in student properties in the surrounding areas of Coventry, Leamington Spa and Kenilworth.

There is no need to panic or rush into reserving and booking off campus accommodation. You have plenty of time to consider your options. You need to take some time to get to know the local area and think carefully about the people who you would like to live with. Committing yourself too early to a property and housemates may be a mistake. Do your research and give yourself time to be sure.

There is a huge variety of options available for you to rent in the local area:

  • Coventry offers a vibrant city experience and a short commuting distance
  • Leamington Spa has a buzzing high street but a longer commute to campus
  • Kenilworth provides beautiful countryside on your doorstep

You may be considering purpose built student accommodation or a student house let by a private agent. Whatever you choose, it is important that you don't rush in to making a decision and take your time to get appropriate advice.

The University has a property advertising platform that is exclusively for Warwick students called Warwick Studentpad. Warwick Studentpad:

  • advertises properties from local landlords direct to Warwick students
  • hosts all the correspondence for these properties between you and the landlord
  • only lists properties that will meet your requirements in terms of location, quality and safety
  • vets the landlords and checks that their property documentation meets compliance standards

Warwick Studentpad are there to help - even though your accommodation contract will be with a landlord. They will offer support throughout the year at planned roadshows, surgeries and events. Warwick Studentpad works closely with Warwick Students' Union to deliver the best service and advice - linking with the Rate Your Landlord website so that current students can rate their house/landlord to better inform future students on their accommodation choices.

You may find it daunting to organise your off campus accommodation however there is support and advice from the Students Union Advice Centre. Here you will find advice about:

  • how to look for accommodation
  • choosing an agent or private landlord
  • Right to Rent checks
  • signing the accommodation contract
  • accommodation contracts
  • what to think about when moving in or out
  • common issues and considerations

We recommend that you take some time to go through the advice on these pages. The Students Union holds a Housing Day which will enable you to find out more about finding the right accommodation for you.