Skip to main content Skip to navigation


Looking for support? Let’s see what we can do to help!

Wellbeing Support

There is a variety of wellbeing support on campus, and it’s available to all our students. Our team will host a range of events to support wellbeing throughout the academic year, so please have a look at our events calendar and come along, it’s a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and chat with our fantastic team! The Warwick Students' Union also offers a range of mental health and wellbeing support on their website.

Wellbeing and Student Support

Wellbeing and Student Support is a specialist department within The University of Warwick (UoW), they are there to offer advice and support to help you to develop the personal resources and skills you need to navigate the challenges and opportunities of student life.

Wellbeing and Student Support are available during normal working hours, with brief consultation sessions - where students can speak directly with a Wellbeing Adviser that offers personalised support - available from 10am to 3pm, Monday to Friday via the Wellbeing Portal. Also available on the website is a huge library of self-help resources that can support around a variety of issues.

Disability advice

You would have been asked to disclose any disabilities for which you may require support when making your application to university. If this is the case for you, then it is likely you will already be familiar with the Disability Services team located within the Wellbeing and Student Support department. It is a team of trained professionals who are here to support you with your transition to university and any difficulties you may face along the way.

You can still access disability services if you did not disclose your disability when applying for university – Reach out to them via the Wellbeing Portal.

For more detail information on the services on offer, please visit the Disability website.

Support for Survivors of Sexual and Domestic Abuse (SSDA)

The University recognises the need for specialist bespoke support to be available for the survivors of either recent or historic sexual and/or domestic abuse. The important thing to remember is that you are not alone. The University has a Sexual and Domestic Abuse Advisor who is here to offer specialist practical and emotional support to any students or staff who require it. To find out more, please view our Support for Survivors of Sexual and Domestic Abuse page. To speak with the SSDA please make an enquiry or attend a brief consultation via through the Wellbeing Portal. There is also additional advice available on the Warwick SU Website.

Report + Support

Report + Support is an online reporting platform available to students and staff at UoW who have experienced any form of sexual violence, harassment, bullying or hate crime and would like to report it. The reports are then picked up by a specialist team of Student Liaison Officers who will meet with the reporter and offer support and advice tailored to their individual needs. There is also an anonymous reporting option, however the outcomes of reports made anonymously may be impacted if the reporter cannot be contacted.

To find out more or to make a report, please visit the Report + Support website. You can also watch a video about it:

Out of hours

For out of hours support at any time of the day or night, please visit Togetherall. Togetherall is a safe, online community where people support each other anonymously to improve mental health and wellbeing. Find out more about them by watching their video:

If you are in need of urgent care, the Mental Health Access Hub is available for support 24/7 365 days' of the year. By contacting the Mental Health Access Hub, a triage assessment will be completed over the phone for appropriate support to be provided to you. To contact the Hub please call 08081 966798 (pressing 1 for adult mental health and 2 for children and young people's mental health service).

For out of hours emergency help please see this list of Emergency contacts for support.

Community Safety

The Community Safety department is a team of individuals dedicated to protecting the safety and security of everyone who lives, works and studies at the University. They have an on-campus presence 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to provide pastoral support to everyone within our community. Additionally, they are responsible for helping to protect the University's physical assets and buildings to ensure that the quality of teaching and research, that Warwick prides itself on, is not impacted by any nefarious activity.

The team provides support under four main pillars: Student Support and Safety, Emergency and Incident Response, Campus-wide Management and Events.

To contact the Community Safety Team, get in touch via the below details or visit the Community Safety website.

24-hour Control Centre (general enquiries)

Internal extension: x22083

External line: 024 7652 2083

Emergency (fire, police, ambulance)

Internal extension: x22222

External line: 024 7652 2222

Note: All calls requiring an external emergency service on campus should be made through the Control Centre on the emergency number. This enables the emergency services to get help to you faster because we will escort them to the scene quickly.


General Enquiry: community dot safety at warwick dot ac dot uk Events: outdoor dot events at warwick dot ac dot uk

For Local Emergency Services Information please click here

Warwick Nightline

Nightline is a student-run, confidential, and non-judgmental peer-to-peer support listening service. It is open from 9pm to 9am every night of term and trained volunteers are happy to listen to anything you may wish to discuss. Nothing is too difficult or too trivial to be worth mentioning.

Term time opening hours:

Monday to Friday, 9pm-9am: will be available through calls and will also be providing free products from our building (located between New and Old Rootes).

Saturday and Sunday, 9pm-1am: will be available through instant messaging service

They will also be available through emails every day (replies within 48 hours)

These hours are subject to change, so please check their pages or their social media for updates

Call : 02476-522-199 or 02476-574-322 (Mon-Fri, 9pm-9am)

Instant Messaging : Contact them here (Sat-Sun, 9pm-1am)

Email : (Email is always open, even during the holidays)

Drugs and Alcohol Support

Do you have any questions about alcohol and drug use? Whatever your experiences of alcohol and drugs are, the Wellbeing Support Team are here to help you find information and get help if you want it. If you are concerned about someone else’s drinking or drug use, or if someone else’s actions are impacting you and your wellbeing, have a brief consultation with a Wellbeing Adviser and get some support for yourself and advice for the situation.

Financial Support

Whether you find yourself struggling to keep up with everyday expenses, or you need support in managing your finances, we have a range of services which can offer you advice.

The University of Warwick Students' Union offers a range of independent information and lots of resources on money and bills management, welfare benefits, help with debts and many more. They can also offer support with Hardship Funds and financial support available to students who are struggling financially.

Hardship funds can be applied for via the University's Student Funding Support team, please take a look at their pages for more eligibility information and their contact details.

Protecting Yourself Online

Phishing is any deception designed to trick you into communicating sensitive information or personal data. Messages come in different forms (email is most common), and will look authentic and legitimate.

Communications may appear to come from an official or ‘known’ entity – a bank, HMRC, the University or a high-profile individual. But once you have opened a fraudulent email, it will normally ask you to take action – to click on a link or open an attachment. If you are concerned about an email that you have received and whether it is legitimate or not, please contact the IT Helpdesk.

Please click on the appropriate to find out more about phishing and protecting yourself online.

Accessing Healthcare

All students who live on our campus can register with a General Practitioner doctor (GP) based at the University Health Centre to access non urgent healthcare. Students who live off campus, but still within the Coventry catchment area for the Health Centre can register, and this is also the case for undergraduate students who live in the Kenilworth and Leamington Spa areas.

International students who are in the UK to study for a continuous 6 months or longer can access national health services without additional charges for themselves and any dependants they may have. They can also access the University Health Centre on campus if they meet the previously mentioned criteria.

All other students must register with a doctor in the area they live in. To find your nearest doctor, please visit the NHS website.

To find out more details about the healthcare services available to you, including dentists and specialist services, please visit the Warwick SU website.

Sexual Health

The broader university team also offers many avenues of support regarding sexual health, from self-help resources from Wellbeing and Student Support, GP Sexual Health advice at the University Health Centre to important advice from the Warwick SU.


Our team is here to support you while you manage “everyday life” in your residences, so please reach out to us with any queries about living in halls – flat mate conflicts, unresolved maintenance, homesickness, help with laundry and cleaning, and providing information regarding your specific halls are just some of the things we are capable of providing help with.

For help with contract related queries, such as ending your contract or requesting to move, you will need to contact the accommodation department directly – you can visit the Accommodation website or contact them using the following details.

Phone: +44 024 7652 3772
Email: accommodation at warwick dot ac dot uk

SU Advice

The Student Union are also a great place to seek advice and support around any housing matters. Their Student Advice Centre can help with various aspects of housing, including finding the correct accommodation or house mate, checking tenancy agreements, repairs, recovering deposits and security. They have lots of useful guides, information and videos on their website or if you need to speak to someone get in touch via their advice centre.

Academic Advice

During your time here at the University of Warwick you will be allocated a personal tutor. If you are not sure who this is then you will be able to find out who they are via your Tabula account or you can ask within your department. Your personal tutor is there as an accessible, approachable point of contact for your department.

They can:

  • Support you at different stages of your studies, e.g. from school to university, or from Year 1 to Year 2, or from UG to PG study
  • Suggest ways to get involved in your department and the wider university
  • Explain any learning feedback you receive
  • Offer advice on how to develop your academic performance
  • Signpost to development opportunities and support
  • Supply references to support applications for jobs or further study

If you have health or other issues that might affect your studies, discuss these with your Personal Tutor. They can ensure you find the right support.

In addition, the Warwick Students' Union provide a range of support channels available to all UoW students around academic studies, such as:

  • Changing your course
  • Disciplinary proceedings
  • Plagiarism or cheating
  • Mitigating circumstances
  • Academic appeals

Please visit the SU website and make yourself familiar with the content. Should your query not be answered by the pre-generated help links, feel free to get in touch with the SU using the link available on their website - their teams are always hands-on and will be happy to offer you support, no matter what your query is.