We may be a busy business, but we do like to give back. We think it's important to be at the heart of our community by supporting events and offering assistance, space, expertise and services.
Spaces for everyone
We want everyone to be able to enjoy our restaurants, cafes and bars. Whether you're buying food, holding a meeting or looking for a place to eat your own lunch, all are welcome.
Our spaces are all individual and have interesting features to make them unique. They also provide family friendly facilities to help those with little ones.
In other words, we view our spaces as community hubs where everyone can work, study and socialise.
Ways in which we help
From coffee sampling sessions to daily reduced food prices, we provide a variety of initiatives to support both our campus and local communities.
- Flexibly work in partnership with our suppliers to offer value and choice
- Early opening and late closing times to support the University and its communities
- Practical work experience to young people and people trying to get back into work
- Helping students with projects
- Menus to support specific events
- Making our cafe spaces available for department events
- Supporting University charities with collection tins
- Offering prizes such as "chef experience" and "barista training" days.
Events we've supported
- Dignity Awareness, Staff Networking and Health and Wellbeing days
- Arts Centre Family events
- Children in Need
- Macmillan coffee mornings
- University of Warwick 50th anniversary celebrations
- Aviva Womens Cycling Tour
- Coventry City Council's "Big Day Out 2017"
Rootes Grocery Store regularly raises money for local sports programmes through its “Local Pride” campaign. The store recently raised £4,000 for Warwick Sport to fund the development of their Hall Sports Programme, as well as a number of community engagement programmes.