According to the URSS scheme criteria, successful projects should:
- Give students the opportunity to achieve a substantial outcome
- Give the students the opportunity to meaningfully engage the public with their research project.
- Enable students to develop a range of research skills
- Enable students to develop a range of transferable skills
- Support the students in developing research team working skills
- Link with ongoing research and engagement work being undertaken in the department or centre
- Provide students with any necessary discipline-specific skills and knowledge needed to complete the project successfully
In order to review the level at which applications meet the scheme criteria, the judging has been split into four categories:
- Quality of Proposal
- Reach and Impact
- Personal / Career Impact
- Value for Money
Please use the scores described in the scoring criteria for to guide your scoring of the applications.