Terms & Conditions 2023
As the lead supervisor please tick the box on the application form to indicate that you understand and agree to the Terms & Conditions set out below.
- I am the lead supervisor for this URSS project. I am an employee of the University of Warwick and subject to the institution’s policies.
- I understand that this project must not involve any work which will later be submitted by the student for assessment, except as background information/the introduction.
- I confirm that, as the lead supervisor, I accept responsibility for helping the student to seek appropriate guidance from the appropriate Research Ethics Committee and obtaining the necessary approval.
- The Head of Department/Director of Centre has seen this application and has given approval for the project to go ahead.
- I acknowledge and agree that the University reserves the right to decide at its absolute discretion how it wishes to allocate the bursary to applicants. I further accept that the University shall not (unless required by law) be required to give any reasons for its decisions.
- I acknowledge that I will not receive any additional remuneration for this supervisory role.
Data Protection Statement
The University of Warwick will process your personal data provided on this form for the purposes of determining whether to award a URSS bursary, providing the bursary payment and communicating with you about the URSS process.
The legal basis for processing this personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract and the administration of the URSS project. The University will process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (Amendment) Regulations, the General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), and any relevant replacement/subsequent UK privacy legislation, for the purposes of performing its obligations and exercising its rights under these terms and conditions.
Your personal data will not be shared or disclosed to any third parties external to the University of Warwick. Your personal data will not be transferred outside of the EEA, will be kept securely by the University of Warwick and will be retained in accordance with the University’s Records Retention ScheduleLink opens in a new window .
The University of Warwick is the Data Controller of this information and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with Data Protection Legislation. Please visit the University’s Data Protection webpagesLink opens in a new window for further information in relation to your rights and how the University processes your personal data: . The University’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted through and any requests or complaints should be made in writing to the Data Protection Officer.