Couch to 5k course
For total running beginners looking to steadily progress to running 5k, or to help you build back up to a 5k distance. Instructor-led learning with an experienced coach.
What you'll learn
- The correct way to warm up and cool down to reduce the chance of injury.
- Correct running form and technique to maximise potential.
- Steadily increase the amount of time you spend running to 30 minutes.
- Chance to take part in a local parkrunLink opens in a new window with the running leader and fellow runners.
- You'll be encouraged to repeat the weekly session or add addititonal fitness training in your own time to increase your general fitness levels.
Good to know
- Meet outside the Sports and Wellness Hub on the University of Warwick campus, view on map.
- Course includes access to showers and changing facilities.
- Wear comfortable clothing and a decent pair of running shoes. Remember to dress for the weather.
- Make sure to bring a drink along with you.
|Day||First session||Time||Number of weeks||Book online|
|Wednesday||19 October 2022||5.30pm - 6.30pm||8||Book today|
*There is a £16 deposit for this course but you will receive it at the end of the course as along as you have attended all eight sessions.
Want to know more?
If you have a question or want to know more about a course, please get in touch.
warwicksport at warwick dot ac dot uk