Staying healthy and active at home
Social isolation measures and 'lock down' present many challenges for us, and one of the more significant ones is how we can stay healthy and active when we are limited in the forms of exercise available to us, and in what foods we can buy and prepare.
The answer lies in trying new things, and adjusting the expectations that we put on ourselves regarding our diets and exercise habits.
For some additional information, please visit Wellbeing (Organisational Development)
Exercise - Live sessions available
We're really excited to confirm that the Sports and Wellness Hub is once again open. Things will be a little different and important changes have been made to ensure that the facility is safe and ready for your return.
Warwick Sport is continuing to offer classes online, to help, support and challenge you with your fitness and wellbeing at home:
- Live-streaming classes from the Sports Hub with our instructors coming soon.
- Home workouts and lifestyle tips on our Content Core.
- Register for a discounted subscription to Les Mills On Demand
- Access our fitness classes on-demand
Mindful Movement workshops
Our new Mindfulness through Movement workshop brings together aspects of mindfulness and applies them to movement through brisk walking, jogging and running. Learn more about the workshop and book your place.
Self help resources
In addition to the masterclasses, webinars and drop in sessions, you can also access self help resources which have been developed by Wellbeing Support Services and colleagues.
The following self help resources aim to help you to stay healthy and active at home:
You can find the full list of self help resources here.
Employee Assistance Programme
Our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is a confidential support service designed to help the University of Warwick workforce deal with personal and professional problems that could be affecting your home life or work life, health and general wellbeing.
Health Assured offers cover for you and (in certain circumstances) your immediate family members, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Their services include:
- Life support: Unlimited access to counselling for emotional problems and a pathway to structured telephone counselling or face-to-face counselling sessions (employees only) at your convenience.
- Legal information: For any issues that cause anxiety or distress including debt management, accountancy, lawsuits, consumer disputes, property or neighbour legalities (employees only).
- Bereavement support: Health Assured offers qualified and experienced counsellors who can help with grief and related stress plus a team of legal advisors to help with legal issues.
- Medical information: Qualified nurses are on hand to offer advice on a range of medical or health related issues. They can’t diagnose but can offer a sympathetic ear and practical information and advice.
- CBT online: We recognise the value of self-help tools in dealing with a range of issues, which is why we have a range of CBT self-help modules, informative factsheets and invaluable advice videos from leading qualified counsellors.