The Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey is a national survey, co-ordinated by Advance HE. It is carried out by the University and begins here on 20th April 2020 and closes on 12th June 2020.
The survey is confidential and the results are made anonymous so that no individual can be identified.
The survey questions are broken down into the following areas:
- The experience of teaching and learning, including: staff, learning materials, working with other students, workload, and feeding back on experience;
- Engagement and course challenge;
- Assessment and feedback, including supervisor support for dissertation or major project;
- Organisation and management, including induction and involvement in course decisions;
- Resources and services, including learning resources and overall support;
- Skills development, including independent learning, research skills and career skills;
- Overall satisfaction and motivation for taking the programme and information provided by the institution to help course choice;
- Institutional questions
- Demographic details, including on previous education and fluency in English.
Students are encouraged to take an overview of the whole course and have an opportunity to comment after each section, as well as at the end of the questionnaire.
The survey is the chance for taught postgraduates to feedback their experiences on teaching and learning. We need to know what postgraduates think so we can address issues and keep doing what is valued. It is an opportunity to say what went well and what could have been improved.
Emails will be sent out to students on the following dates and a copy of the email can be found here:
|20 April 2020 (tbc)||Survey opens|
|1 May 2020 (tbc)||Second email|
|11 May 2020 (tbc)||Third email|
|25 May 2020 (tbc)||Fourth email|
|5 June 2020 (tbc)||Fifth email|
|12 June 2020 (tbc)||Final email|