There are polling stations in The Oculus for students resident on campus (see below).
If you live off campus, find out more about how to vote in person – and how to find your polling station.
If you wish to vote by post at your home address you must return your postal vote to your home electoral services team as per the instructions with the postal vote. A postal vote for another constituency cannot be counted on the day in a polling station for a different location.
Polling stations are both in the Oculus:
Students resident on the Coventry side of campus = OC0.01
Students resident on the Warwickshire side = OC1.08
To vote in a UK general election a person must be registered to vote and also:
- 18 or over
- be a British citizen, a qualifying Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of the Republic of Ireland
- not be subject to any legal incapacity to vote
Additionally, the following cannot vote in a UK general election:
- members of the House of Lords (although they can vote at elections to local authorities, devolved legislatures and the European Parliament)
- EU citizens resident in the UK (although they can vote at elections to local authorities, devolved legislatures and the European Parliament)
- anyone other than British, Irish and qualifying Commonwealth citizens
- convicted persons detained in pursuance of their sentences (though remand prisoners, unconvicted prisoners and civil prisoners can vote if they are on the electoral register)
- anyone found guilty within the previous five years of corrupt or illegal practices in connection with an election