If you are currently in the UK and require a CAS:
This page is for students who are outside of the UK, therefore, please see the guidance on the following link if you are in the UK and require a CAS:
If you are not in the UK, and require a CAS, please ensure your read all the guidance below BEFORE you submit the form below.
What is this form for:
This form is to enable continuing students, that is, currently enroled students, outside of the UK, to request a CAS to enable them to make an application under the Student Visa Route of the Immigration Rules due to the following reasons:
- A student who is currently registered on a course at a partnership institution, for example, Monash University or University of Mons, and now require a CAS to start a period of study in the UK, but NOT students coming to Warwick for a period of exchange/study abroad
If you are returning for a period of study of less than 6 months duration, for example, to re-sit examinations:
You may be able to apply under the Standard Visitor Visa Route instead.
We advise that you read the guidance on the following link before you make this decision, and contact us if you have any further questions:
If your course is ATAS registered:
You must apply for and receive your ATAS before you can apply for a Student Visa.
Please see the guidance on the following link:
If you are returning from a period of Temporary withdrawal due to ill health:
You must complete the resumption request via Student Records Online, and provide a "Medical Fit Note" from your care provider before you will be permitted to return.
Student Immigration will not issue a CAS if you were on TWD due to ill health, and you have NOT proivided a Medical Fit Note, or submitted a Resumption of Studies request.
Please see the guidance on the following links:
If your Student Record shows that you are in debt with with the University:
Please contact Student Finance to resolve your Student Account, as we cannot issue a CAS if your Student Record indicated that you are in debt to the University.
Important information regarding your REMOTE CAS request
- Student immigration are only able to issue a CAS to students pursuing a full time course.
- We aim to complete a REMOTE CAS request within 5 working days of the request being submited.
- If there is a delay in processing your CAS we will email to keep you updated.
- If, after reading the information above, you are unsure if you need to submit this form, please contact the Student Immigration using the following link: