The Widening Participation Student Network
This Network aims to provide current students from widening participation (WP) backgrounds, (whether you are an undergraduate or postgraduate) the chance to meet peers, to share experiences, find out about opportunities that are available to you and gain insight into a wide variety of topics.
In order to make the Network as collaborative as possible, we work with out WP Student Network Reps to develop a programme of activities that are reflective of the needs of our Members.
We want to make the Network reflective of the needs and interests of its membership so would appreciate any thoughts you have on what you’d like to see included.
How will I know if I can become a member of the WP Student Network?
- You were eligible for Free School Meals while at secondary school
- You come from a low socio-economic background where your household income is below £35,001
- You come from an area with low progression rates to higher education
- You are in receipt of a Warwick Bursary or other means tested financial support
- You are a student with disabilities - including seen and unseen disabilities, specific learning differences, mental health difficulties, autistic spectrum disorder or any other disabling condition
- You are a mature student who entered higher education over the age of 21
- You have spent time in local authority care, either in a foster home or a group home
- You are an estranged student who is not supported by their parents
- You have caring responsibilities - this could include, physical, practical or emotional care
- Neither of your parents attended university and gained a degree (e.g. BA/BSc or equivalent) - excluding if they were/are a mature student
View past talks, meetings and presentations