This Network aims to provide current students from WP backgrounds or with an interest in WP, (whether you be an undergraduate or postgraduate) the opportunity to meet, the chance to share experiences and explore learning journey's during your application to Warwick and subsequent studies.
What do we mean by WP?
In line with the University's WP Strategy, there are priority groups of students where there is the greatest evidence of the need to unlock talent and fulfil potential across all stages of the lifecycle. As a home student you may fall in to one or more of the categories below:
- Be originally from an area and community where progression to HE is low (classed as LPN - Low Participation Neighbourhoods and Indices of Multiple Deprivation (IMD))
- Come from a low socio-economic background
- Be first generation to enter HE
- Be a care leaver or estranged student
- Be a Young Carer
- Students of particular ethnicities in relation to other WP factors
- Students with disabilities
- Mature students from underrepresented groups
We are keen to hear your thoughts about your experiences and in return we will make sure that the Network is collaborative, provides signposting to opportunities and meets the needs of its members.
We want to make the Network reflective of the needs and interests of its membership so would appreciate any thoughts you have on what you’d like to see included.