The Widening Participation Student Network
The WP Student Network brings together current students both UG and PG from a WP background, forming a community that is inclusive and peer led.
We aim to create a space that empowers, educates and inspires its members through information sharing, fun workshops and the sharing of lived experiences.
We do this through a range of events and socials with key themes, co-created with students, from career progression, wellbeing to quizzes and crafting, meeting up twice a term.
We welcome all students in to our community who self identify as from a WP background.
Our WP Student Team seek to support WP staff in generating opportunities and providing the tools and discussions to enable this community to thrive, advocating for all WP students at Warwick.
How will I know if I can become a member of the WP Student Network?
- You are a Home Student (UK)
- You were eligible or ever in receipt of Free School Meals while at secondary school
- You come from a low socio-economic background where your household income is below £35,001
- You come from an area with low progression rates to higher education
- You are in receipt of a Warwick Bursary or other means tested financial support
- You are a student with disabilities - including seen and unseen disabilities, specific learning differences, mental health difficulties, autistic spectrum disorder or any other disabling condition
- You are a mature student who entered higher education over the age of 21
- You have spent time in local authority care, either in a foster home, group home or kinship care
- You are an estranged student who is not supported by their parents
- You have caring responsibilities - this could include, physical, practical or emotional care
- Neither of your parents attended university and gained a degree (e.g. BA/BSc or equivalent) - excluding if they were/are a mature student
- You have been granted refugee status, are under humanitarian protection or are currently seeking asylum in the UK
View past talks, meetings and presentations