About sixty participants stayed on our campus for 5 days and attended academic sessions in a range of subjects such as Law, Engineering and Psychology. They also immersed themselves in the student experience living in shared accommodation and attending social activities such as a karaoke and a film night.
This year we discovered amongst other things that:
- Tesco sells unbreakable eggs as proven in our egg drop challenge
- we think Adele was amongst us for our karaoke night in the Student Union
- slime is alive and can move along a labyrinth in our Biology session
- David Bowie and Politics can be mixed to create a new way of understanding our world
- an entire lemon and two limes can magically appear in a tea cup
- Pokemon can be caught in our Maths department!
Most importantly, our staff and Warwick ambassadors feel privileged to have worked alongside such dedicated, passionate young people who made this 2016 Summer school unforgettable.
We wish them all the best in the future.
“I had a fantastic time and met some incredible people. The lectures I attended helped me understand what life at university would be like and the social activities were exciting and fun. The Ambassadors did a great job in making me feel at ease and answered all the questions I had regarding University.” Ishayat, Summer School 2016 participant
“It was very weird to wake up in my own house today after spending so much time with new friends in the most amazing university I have visited” Aishah, Summer School 2016 participant
“When I got there I made two friends pretty much instantly and then developed a whole squad by the end of it! Everyone was after the same thing and every part of it was extremely fun.” Daniel Summer School 2016 participant
If you would like to take part in our Experience Warwick Year 12 Summer School 2017, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great summer.