About the project
- Experience Warwick Mentoring (previously called the Student Progression Team) places University of Warwick mentors into local schools to work with small groups of Year 8 and Year 9 pupils. Through a variety of interactive and engaging group sessions, mentors build a rapport with the pupils and support them to aim high and work hard to achieve their future goals.
- With mentors acting as positive role models, Year 8s and 9s are encouraged to consider their skills, challenges, choices, goals and next steps through the sessions.
- The achievements of all participants are celebrated throughout the project, with everyone invited to visit the University of Warwick at the end of the programme. The scheme is not subject specific, so suits a wide range of students.
This programme is currently being reviewed for 2020/21 delivery, given the challenges posed by the Covid-19 pandemic, but more information is included in the drop-down boxes below about how the programme has previously run. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
Emily Cannon, Widening Participation Officer
Vicki Hill, Widening Participation Officer
Key information for the programme is contained within this menu. Please open each section to find out more.
- To support the aspirations of young people and raise their expectations about what they can achieve in the future.
- To encourage young people to think about their futures and support them to make informed choices.
- To support young people to develop their confidence and resilience.
- To provide a positive experience of higher education.
We also work with schools to understand the specific needs of pupils so Mentors can tailor sessions appropriately.
- Day in the life of a university student
- Goal setting
- Introduction to higher education
- Study skills and managing your exams
- Next steps
Thanks to all the schools that took part in 2019/20!
Barr's Hill School
Bishop Ullathorne Catholic School
Ernesford Grange Community Academy
Finham Park 2
Foxford Community School
Harris C of E Academy
Lyng Hall School
Nicholas Chamberlaine School
North Leamington School
Sidney Stringer Academy
Stoke Park School
Trinity Catholic School
West Coventry Academy