Warwick Bright Stars Primary school programme offers you the opportunity to volunteer in schools in Coventry and Warwickshire and lead a group of pupils on our campus days.
Apply by Tuesday 8th November 2016
INTERESTED TO JOIN US?
1. Contact Warwick Volunteers and sign up with them here. Explain that you want to take part in the Warwick Bright Stars programme.
2. Have a look at the job description here
3. Fill in an application form here by Tuesday 8th November 2016.
4. You will be then receive an email on Wednesday 9th November inviting you to our training session on Thursday 10th November.
We are looking for volunteers who:
- Enjoy working with children
- Are creative and enthusiastic
- Want to make a difference and have an impact in their community
- Would like to share their love for learning and their enthusiasm about Higher Education
- Would like to gain experience working with young people
- Are proactive and would be comfortable presenting in front of a class with other volunteers
- Are confident in leading a group of 8 children on a trail around campus
- Understanding the importance of being professional at all times
- Are punctual and reliable
This role will enable you to develop the following skills:
- Leading activities with a group of primary school age children
- Working in a team and liaising with other volunteers
- Knowledge of strategies to engage with young children
- Professionalism (punctuality, dress code)
- Receive safeguarding training
- Learning behaviour and group management strategies
If you are interested in joining please fill out the application form (link above)
If you'd like more information about our campus days please visit our website:
The deadline to apply is Tuesday 8th November. There is no selection event and once you have registered you will be invited to training on Thursday 10th November 2016.
The following training slots are available:
10am – 12.30pm
2.30pm – 5pm
5.30pm till 8pm
Please note that the training is compulsory.