Monday 14 April - Monday 14 July 2008
Overview and Summary of Activities
40 students registered as business teams and took part in the Dragon's Den event on 14 July at the University of Warwick.
- Business teams attended the opening conference on 14 April to meet their mentors
- Teams were mentored over 10 weeks by a business mentor and were tasked with developing a business plan
- Teams then pitched their ideas in the event on 14 July
- The winning team was rewarded with a top business trip to London
- Runners up received prizes too
The aims of the event were for students to:
- Find out how to market and sell an idea
- Discover exciting business careers
- Develop new skills and ways of working
Big Deal Photos
Photos from the Big Deal launch day in April and the final in July are now available to download. In order to access them, you will need your Goal username and password which was sent to you when we invited you to join the IGGY Forums.
Thanks and Acknowledgements
The Goal Programme would like to thank the following people and organisations for their support and assistance with the Big Deal 2008: AC Diversity; Aon; Bank of England; Bit10 Ltd; The Brightside Trust; Eversheds; Garlik; Goldman Sachs; The Goldman Sachs Foundation; Laing O Rourke; N Power; Pricewaterhouse Coopers and Wragge & Co.