These pages contain information on applying for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, which is required for students carrying out certain types of work/research as part of their course with children or adults in certain scenarios.
If you have received an offer of a place on one of the following courses then you will be required to complete an enhanced DBS Check:
- Clinical Applications of Psychology (MSc)
- MBChB - students on the MBChB course are additionally required to be re-checked after two years on the course, either through the Update Service, or through completing a new DBS Check
- PGCE/ Early Years Initial Teacher Training/ Assessment Only Route to QTS
- PGDE in Teaching and Learning
- Social Work (MA)
- Person-Centred Counselling and Psychotherapy
You can satisfy this condition of your offer in one of two ways:
- Apply for an enhanced DBS disclosure through the University of Warwick. You will be sent an e-mail (usually sent from March onwards) containing information to apply using our online application form.
If you already have a DBS disclosure obtained through the University of Warwick, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (with the date of the disclosure and the 'position applied for' on the certificate) and we will advise you if you can use your existing disclosure.
If you have a certificate that was issued by an organisation that is not the University of Warwick, then we will not be able to accept this disclosure certificate.
You might need an enhanced DBS disclosure to carry out placement work or research for an assignment/module on your course. If you have been advised to obtain an enhanced DBS disclosure, or are unsure whether or not you are required to obtain one, please complete the DBS request form so we may advise you on this matter.