Skip to main content Skip to navigation

Confirming your details are correct

In order to attend a full-time course of study lasting over 6 months, if you do not already hold a different type of UK immigration permission that permits study, you wll normally require a Student Visa sponsored by Warwick.

By completing this form you are confirming that:

  • You hold an Unconditional Offer (and have accepted it)
  • The personal information we hold for you is complete and correct.
  • You have previously been granted a UK Student visa, Tier 4 (General) Visa, or General Student Visa.

This information will be used to create a Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) to enable you to apply for a Student Visa.

Please note that you will normally be required to prove that you have the correct immigration permissions before you can start studying a course at The University of Warwick (this is known as the 'right to study' check), and you must complete enrolment (both online and in-person) and arrive in the UK before the latest course start date as stated on your CAS.

If you are not sure if you require a Student visa, or, if you require further advice on the Student visa application process, please visit the Student Immigration and Compliance website for further guidance.

If you currently hold a Student visa (including Tier 4) that was issued using a CAS assigned to you by another institution, you CANNOT use this to enrol at the University of Warwick unless you are starting a recognised collaborative course. You MUST use the CAS from Warwick to apply for permission from the Home Office Visas & Immigration to study at Warwick. The ‘latest start date’ on your CAS indicates the last day that you should enrol online and arrive in the UK. You will receive more information on how to enrol nearer the course start date.

Please note if you currently hold a Student Visa or Tier 4 visa sponsored by Warwick relating to a course that you will complete before the start of the new course, you will need to obtain a new CAS and a new Student Visa before you will be permitted to enrol on the new course. There are certain exceptions if you are making your Student Visa application within the UK- please refer to the ‘right to study’ webpage for further information:

*If you are in a position to now confirm that you require a CAS and that the personal information we hold on you is correct and complete, please complete the form below.*

Please provide the passport number for the passport you intend to use in your student visa application. If you intend to renew your passport because it is about to expire, please do not apply for your CAS until you have your new passport.

Please provide the following information for the qualification and institution/university that you used to meet the conditions of your offer. e.g. Bachelor of Science from University of X. This must be awarded and the qualification used for admission to your Warwick course and will be stated on your CAS.

If you have applied for a scholarship or bursary from an external provider listed on the Warwick webpages we will require evidence before this information will be added to your CAS. If this is not provided, we will still issue your CAS but it will not contain scholarship details.

Attach file
No files are currently attached.

(The EPSRC courses this applies to are MSc Diamond Science and Technology, Sustainable Materials and Manufacturing (EngD), MSc Synthetic Biology and the Oxford- Warwick Statistical course. You should also choose yes if you are studying as part of Cotutelle, Eutopia Alliance, SUSTech collaboration or the Alan Turing Institute collaboration)

* Previous UK Student/Tier 4 visa history *

During the application process you were asked to give details of your previous study to enable the Course Selector for your chosen programme to reach a decision about your suitability for the course.  We are required to undertake certain additional checks in accordance with the Home Office UK Visas & Immigration policy. The questions below relate to your current or most recent Student Visa for the UK for studies at any level. We need this information to assess if academic progression requirements are met, and the study limit requirement if your CAS is for Pre-sessional English course only. For further information on this please consult our Immigration Service’s guidance:

Please answer the following questions to provide us with the required information. You can find previous study dates and course levels on the CAS from your previous institution(s). You may also use the dates from your previous BRP.  We may contact you for further information.

Please note, you should give details of any UK Student Visa or Tier 4 (General) you have been granted, even if you do not begin studies in the UK using that visa. If you are requesting a CAS for your main Postgraduate Course (not just for a Pre-Sessional English Course) you only need to declare your current or most recent Student visa and the course for which this visa is granted. You can find previous study dates and course levels on the CAS from your previous institution(s).


You can find out what level your previous course was by checking your CAS from your previous institution or by visiting list-of-qualification-levels.

A Bachelor's degree is usually at RQF Level 6, Master's at level 7 and PhD at level 8.

*Student visa application details*


If you are intending to apply for your next Student Visa from within the UK, please upload a scan of your current immigration permissions using the Upload Button, e.g. your current BRP or a “share code” for your digital status. If you intend to submit your visa application in the UK, you should first check that you are eligible to do so. For more information, please refer to the Immigration Service website:

It will only be possible to issue a CAS to you to make an application from within the UK if all of the following are true (otherwise, your visa application would be rejected/refused by the UKVI):

  • Your current residential UK visa (this must not be a visit visa or permission granted outside of the immigration rules) has not expired
  • You successfully completed, or are “Highly Likely to Successfully Complete”, and your new course represents Academic Progress from, the course your previous Student Visa or Tier 4 (General) Visa was granted for
  • There is no more than a 28-day gap between the expiry date of your current visa and the start date of your Warwick course
  • Your CAS will be issued a maximum of 3 months before your course start date

If you do not meet the above criteria, you must make your new Student Visa application from the country outside of the UK where you are living.


(For the purposes of issuing your CAS this is an approximate date.  You will need to put your intended travel date on your Student Visa application form and this date will be used to calculate when your Student visa will become valid. Visit our 'Length of visa granted' webpage for more information) 



*Priority Service*

*Priority Service* Some visa application centres offer a priority (user pay) or super priority visa service to enable applicants to receive their visa more quickly. If you are requesting a CAS close to the start date of your course, the Admissions Service will assess whether there is still sufficient time for you to still receive your visa and arrive at Warwick by your course latest start date. Please see our information on CAS issuing deadlines hereIf there is insufficient time (4 weeks + 2 days) for you to receive your visa and travel to the UK using the Standard Service, For some courses we may only be able to issue CAS to students who will use Priority or Super-Priority visa services. Please answer the following questions regarding the priority service:



Declaration 1 (required)
Declaration 2 (required)
Declaration 3 (required)
Declaration 4 (required)
Declaration 5 (required)
Declaration 6 (required)
Declaration 7 (required)
Declaration 8 (required)

If you cannot tick all of the boxes above, do not proceed with your submission of this form. In such instances please contact our Postgraduate Admissions Services for advice at

Privacy notice
The data collected on this form will be used to update the information we hold relating to your application to study at postgraduate level at the University of Warwick and to provide you with a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) if you have firmly accepted and met all conditions of your offer.

The University of Warwick is the Data Controller of any information you have entered on this form and is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with Data Protection Legislation. The University's Data Protection webpages provide further information on your rights and how the University processes personal data. If you wish to submit a data subjects rights request, make a complaint or report a suspected personal data breach, please contact the University’s Data Protection Officer by email at